Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Irish chain

Irish chain

I would like to make a irish chain haven't decided single/double or triple but I would like to put an embroidery square for the 2nd block. The fabrics I have used for the embroidery block are black, gray, tan and brown. I embroidered wildlife so my question for the irish chain block I want to stick with these colors. But should the alternating color. Be beige/ivory or could i use a camouflage fabric for the scrappy irish chain? I know it would be a dark quilt if I use a dark camouflage but how would the pink camouflage look? Its always hard to invision what the quilt would be. I don't know have software to preview. Thanks for any help

First thing you need to decided is what the size of the second block will be that will include your embroidery. Then you can figure out the sizes of your squares. By the way. welcome to the board. Hope you find as much inspiration as I do from this site.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

If the camouflage looks good with the other fabrics, go for it. You might also consider the desert camo - much lighter than the jungle camo.

The camo with some of the same colors as your embroidery would be a good choice. I can 't wait to see pictures.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Gay
    Blog Entries
    CaryW, I played with this in EQ7, wasn't sure where you're thinking of putting the pink, but this might give you some idea of how it might look.
    Name:  irish chain 1.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  30.4 KB

Wow, Gay, that doesn't look anything like the Irish Chain I made once -- all my 2nd squares matched the "background" of the pieced squares. Yours looks more like floor tiles!
    Retired math teacher --
    I CAN FIGURE IT OUT!

Just looks like squares sewn together to me. Not the pattern of Irish chain I used.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

not my Irish Chain block either. And I emb on the second sq. Sorry no picture gave it away