Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ISO Embroidery Software >
  • ISO Embroidery Software

• ISO Embroidery Software

Old 07-16-2017, 11:27 AM

Default ISO Embroidery Software

I want to start embroidering my quilt labels and think it would be easier to create them on my laptop. I want more than one line of text, centered, a variety of fonts, ability to add symbols/icons and edit till I'm happy with it before transferring to the sewing machine. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced program?

It needs to work on a MacBook and save in multiple formats. My machine is a Janome MC11000.

Thanks in advance,
    Connie
    Old 07-16-2017, 02:20 PM

I have the basic Embird. I'm thinking of getting the fonts plug-in. For now I go to planet embroidery web site. You can type in the wording that you want to use. Like, Pattern name, made by, and dates. And any thing else I want to have on the label. I use Embird to edit and make the label as I want it to be.
    Old 07-16-2017, 03:13 PM
    Banned

The only software that has a Mac native version is Embrilliance. http://embrilliance.com/

Cari
    Old 07-16-2017, 05:05 PM

Embird works fabulous and is inexpensive!
    Old 07-17-2017, 05:18 AM

I am using Embrillance - it is a great program for the money. Very easy to use and it has done everything that I have needed it to do.
    Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM

I use this one. I don't have the most expensive one. I think it is Tru-E Studio. I am on a MacBook Pro.

http://www.truembroidery.com
    Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 PM

embrilliance with bx fonts is the best program for lettering IMHO. You can import bx fonts and use them as true type or map your existing fonts to use as true type
    Old 07-18-2017, 04:02 AM

Through the years I have purchased a number of programs from Husqvarna. They are always adding "some feature" that I simply have to have. I recently wanted to switch from Windows to a Mac laptop. Well, all the features I wanted were not available on Mac, so I upgraded to the "best" windows program and bought a new laptop, don't even get me started on windows 10! The upshot is...they just came out with a new version that works on windows or Mac. Geesh, I will not upgrade again!! If I had to do it over, I would find a program that I did not have to buy again, or again & again!!! I would find one the cost less. Or I would look into Floriani (maybe misspelled) I don't think you ever pay for upgrades there but they are pricey. My rant for the day!!!
    Old 07-18-2017, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Reba'squilts
    Through the years I have purchased a number of programs from Husqvarna. They are always adding "some feature" that I simply have to have. I recently wanted to switch from Windows to a Mac laptop. Well, all the features I wanted were not available on Mac, so I upgraded to the "best" windows program and bought a new laptop, don't even get me started on windows 10! The upshot is...they just came out with a new version that works on windows or Mac. Geesh, I will not upgrade again!! If I had to do it over, I would find a program that I did not have to buy again, or again & again!!! I would find one the cost less. Or I would look into Floriani (maybe misspelled) I don't think you ever pay for upgrades there but they are pricey. My rant for the day!!!
    Yes, the Floriani software has free upgrades. I was at a seminar for them and that's what in instructor told us. It is pricey though.
    Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 AM

The Floriani is good, but I bought it and then it changed as they split and they do give online upgrades, but they never sent a new instruction book, you have to rely on the online stuff. I personally don't like that I would rather have reference on hand and not have to go through a lot of online things to find what I need. I very seldom even use it and feel like I wasted 2500.00.