Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's the 1st of the month . . . >

It's the 1st of the month . . .

It's the 1st of the month . . .

Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 AM

I'm another one who cleans the machine after every bobbin change. My machine would not sew if I waited a month to clean out the lint.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 AM

never go a month
Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM

I also clean my machine after every bobbin or two. As for the smoke alarms, well I guess I had better bring the ladder in and change my batteries. Now, I had better find those batteries. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Fabriclovr

You gals crack me up! I usually change mine in the middle of the night as well when the screech! LOL

I have a very funny machine, she is like a kid that doesn't like to have her diaper changed. Every time I take off the throat plate and clean, I can never get her to sew correctly without wrapping the thread around the bobbin case and then fiddling with the throat plate to get it in just the right spot. It is how the throat plate and the workings fit together is what I was told, but do you think I could get her to do it at the Dr? NO! .. damn thing is that I love this machine or I would trade it in on another one. (Brother QC 1000) I have always sewn on Brother machines because you can stuff them full of lint and they keep on going.

To Sharon, yes, I have been a busy bee. I think it has been over a month or maybe 3 since I have cleaned this baby out and that was before quilt camp, my son's queen size Christmas quilt, 2 mystery quilts, 1 baby quilt made out of camo fabric (see my pictures under ugly baby quilt) and the Blue Skies Mystery I am designing for the QB before she started skipping stitches. I am a badddd machine mom, I change the needle all the time, does that count?? She is all happy now.

One problem, she creaks when I sew. I can watch one of the parts that moves the feed dogs and it is rubbing on the plastic body of the machine and when I sew slow, she creaks, kinda like me, stitches just perfect, except for this creak. Any suggestions and taking her to the Dr is out of the question as I can't afford a Dr visit right now.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM

I too clean my bobbin regularly, it is a necessity. I think if I went a month my machine would probably quit working forever.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM

I took my machine in to have something adjusted today, not even thinking about cleaning it since I do use a nice fat makeup brush to clean out the bobbin area every time I open the bobbin door. The tech said "Boy, you sure keep your machine clean." I was shocked that he noticed, I didn't.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 AM

Your machine should be cleaned following every project at the very least. Your needle should be changed after every eight hours of use and that's usually when I clean my machine...unless of course I am using black or dark thread (it's the "fuzziest"), or if I'm sewing on fuzzy fabrics. I would never wait a month worth of sewing to clean my machine. I could stuff a pillow at times! LOL,LOL
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Great reminder about the smoke alarms but I clean my machine about once a week or every couple of days if doing a lot of sewing (my machine won't function properly with the least amount of lint).
Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 AM

Good golly, I had better get some canned air and look into mine. Thank you for reminding us.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Good golly, I had better get some canned air and look into mine. Thank you for reminding us.
Delta, I think you may have missed this thread... please read

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...k-t176399.html