Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's hard to take that first step.... >

It's hard to take that first step....

It's hard to take that first step....

Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 AM

My first quilt was a queen size log cabin (not from a kit)- all the way to the floor so it was huge. What was I thinking? Made any number of mistakes, things I wouldn't do again. At first when I looked at it all I could see was mistakes - but no one else can see them so I learned to relax and love it. It is on a bed in a cabin we own and I'm always getting compliments on it. My point - you may very likely make mistakes. Have an extra seam here or there, have to piece something differently than expected, horror of horror - have to run out to the LQS and replace some fabric you cut wrong. Welcome to the club. We all do it when we are beginning and even (less often hopefully) when we are experienced. Its one way we learn, and you too can relax and love it. I guarantee you will like it better than when it is an unused kit taking up space. Go for it! Make those mistakes! Have a good time!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 PM

choose one-flip a coin-heads the yellow brick road/tails for the footprints, then just jump in with both feet and get to stitching, cause I really want to see pictures on the qb. I really hope you get TAILS in the coin toss!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM

Yellow Brick Road is such a fun quilt. I was the same as you. I didn't want to make a mistake, so I didn't cut anything up. Now I'm like - dive in and it will all be ok.