Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'VE GOT AN IDEA!!!

In these wonderful days of 100 (or more) television channels to chose from and all manner of material (pun intended) on them, by gosh I think we should have an All Fabric channel. Now.........choose a time, it can be an hour or half hour and make up a name for your show, who would host it, (yourself or someone famous) and give us a rundown on the way the show would appear.

My choice would be 1/2 hour, starting at 5:30pm, the host would be Rita Wilson (Mrs. Tom Hanks). I have no idea if she is interested in quilting, but she makes a nice appearance on camera. She would tell us what qualities good quilting fabric has, and show us the insides of actual quilt shops Throughout the United States. The show would be called "Follow Me to Cottonwood".

Ooooo, Tom Hanks, I LOVE HIM!!! LOL

But it's his wife who would be on the show.......... :-)

Kathy Bates a la "Fried Green Tomatoes." She could instruct us on how to make a mood quilt, and show us how to park when the parking lots are all full. :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfli19
    Kathy Bates a la "Fried Green Tomatoes." She could instruct us on how to make a mood quilt, and show us how to park when the parking lots are all full. :D

ROTFLMAO!!! I often have the urge to copy her parking method!

An all quilting/sewing channel would just be awesome. But it would also be nice for the Host to be eye candy....hmmmm. Maybe a different guy each half hour??? That way we could all see our favs....

Nicholas Cage
    Brent Spiner (Data)
    John Schneider
    Ben Stiller (okay so he's not Gregory Peck but I like the Museum movies)
    Leonardo DiCaprio

How's that for a start..........

admin gets my vote. but he has to shave. and get rid of that thing in his mouth. it's disgusting.

he can take us into the manufactures shops and show us what takes place.
    each manufacturer would show the newest line of that season with one quilt as an example. we could visit all over the world. silks in japan, poly in china, fine cottons in egypt, etc. if there's time, we could see fashion fabrics as well. it could fill a complete hour. and i should direct :lol: :lol: .

My show would be a decorating or organizing show devoted entirely to sewing rooms and quilting studios - I could spend hours just looking at everybody else's space and trying to figure out what to do with mine. I don't care who hosts it, but a really good-looking guy would be nice! Since most quilters are female, I guess it had better be a woman and I don't care what she looks like!

TOWANDA!!!! (crashing sounds...hee hee hee haa haa haa :wink: )

Johnny Depp, and each day, he would have a guest on his show...and while the guest and the co-host...some blabbymouth....were busy talking,
    I could show Johnny my quilts...up close and personal...LOL!!!
    (honey I was just kidding :wink: ...sure I was....no, I didn't say anything else, must have been the cat you heard... :wink:
    ...another *'Evil? :roll: )

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    admin gets my vote. but he has to shave. and get rid of that thing in his mouth. it's disgusting.

he can take us into the manufactures shops and show us what takes place.
    each manufacturer would show the newest line of that season with one quilt as an example. we could visit all over the world. silks in japan, poly in china, fine cottons in egypt, etc. if there's time, we could see fashion fabrics as well. it could fill a complete hour. and i should direct :lol: :lol: .
    I like the thing in his mouth...makes him look sexy :D
    Seriously though, it would be cool to have a weekly show on different manufacturers and their quilt/fabric lines and designers.
    K

don't forget - i'm the director! :mrgreen:

that thing in his mouth is a tooth.

i think. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    don't forget - i'm the director! :mrgreen:

that thing in his mouth is a tooth.

i think. LOL!
    well, as long as Johnny is learning all about quilty stuff, from me, you can call all the shots, about who has what in their mouth, madame director.

you can call me md for short, shortie :lol: :lol: :lol:

hmmm - are we really looking for quilt stuff on the show - or just hot guys? If Johnny Depp were hosting, I wouldn't be able to look at anything else. :lol:

wrap him in a quilt and you get 2 for the price of 1.

Blog Entries
    I rather have Dame Judy Dench as host. :D

I want a cute guy. I may not learn anything but it sure would be fun.

Ohh definatley Johnny Depp and Sean Connery

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam S
    My show would be a decorating or organizing show devoted entirely to sewing rooms and quilting studios - I could spend hours just looking at everybody else's space and trying to figure out what to do with mine. I don't care who hosts it, but a really good-looking guy would be nice! Since most quilters are female, I guess it had better be a woman and I don't care what she looks like!
    You've just given me a great idea Pam, what about having a programme on the new fabric channel with the guy who does the 'Extreme Makover' shows. In our programme, he would just makover our sewing rooms and give us awsome storage etc. BUT the whole channel has to be available online for us overseas 'foreigners'. and he would have to travel and do my room for me too. How does that sound? How many people are on the board? We could all take line up and take turns til he had done all of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam S
    You've just given me a great idea Pam, what about having a programme on the new fabric channel with the guy who does the 'Extreme Makover' shows. In our programme, he would just makover our sewing rooms and give us awsome storage etc. BUT the whole channel has to be available online for us overseas 'foreigners'. and he would have to travel and do my room for me too. How does that sound? How many people are on the board? We could all take line up and take turns til he had done all of them.
    Love that idea. New sewing room by a cute guy.Wow!!!!

That's Ty Pennington. I think I'd have him add an extra room here when he's finished. :wink:

Could you imagine the fabric, machines, notions, etc., he could stock the room with???

Yeah, that'll work.

I think it would be a hoot as a diversion to have Greg Proops, Colin Macharie, Ryan Styles and Wayne Brady from "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" host a quilting show. Know why?? 'Cuz they keep us in stitches!!! :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltluvr
    That's Ty Pennington. I think I'd have him add an extra room here when he's finished. :wink:

Could you imagine the fabric, machines, notions, etc., he could stock the room with???

Yeah, that'll work.

I think it would be a hoot as a diversion to have Greg Proops, Colin Macharie, Ryan Styles and Wayne Brady from "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" host a quilting show. Know why?? 'Cuz they keep us in stitches!!! :lol: :lol:
    I don't know anything about the last four, but I will go along with adding the extra room any time, I just thought I would be holding up everyone else getting their makover. However, I know that with Ty, you ask for a little something, and you get a whole house! THAT would be good.

My show would be hosted by Gerald Roy, a local in these parts, and a really nice person. He is now designing fabrics and each week he would travel to the studio of a fabric designer for an in-depth tour. They would talk about what inspires them, how their designs develop, what they have planned for the future, and some of their personal stories so the viewer feels more connection to the designer and, hopefully, will seek out their fabric lines in the future. It will be a full hour show, airing during the evening hours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    My show would be hosted by Gerald Roy, a local in these parts, and a really nice person. He is now designing fabrics and each week he would travel to the studio of a fabric designer for an in-depth tour. They would talk about what inspires them, how their designs develop, what they have planned for the future, and some of their personal stories so the viewer feels more connection to the designer and, hopefully, will seek out their fabric lines in the future. It will be a full hour show, airing during the evening hours.
    That sound good Ghostrider, isn't there anyone here in the TV industry who could make this channel happen? With my previous proviso, us 'foreigners' would still need it to be available online.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast