Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I've heard... >

I've heard...

I've heard...

Old 11-27-2008, 07:01 AM

I like the "Printed Treasures" brand also. I've found it at WalMart at a pretty reasonable price. However, I usually save my 40% coupon and buy a big box at JoAnn's. It's really fun to use. Just put the fabric with the paper backing into your ink jet printer and print out whatever you want. Then follow package directions on how to "set" the ink. Some of it has to be rinsed and some of it ironed. I usually use this method to make my quilt labels.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Banned

I use Printed Treasures sew-on and am VERY happy with it. JoAnn's carries it online and I think you can use their coupons online as well, no? It's very easy. http://www.printedtreasures.com/prod...ges/SewOn.aspx
Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Administrator

whenever i've needed a resupply of bubblejetset, i've found the best prices at dharma trading company. unfortunately, they don't seem to sell the special formula for hewlett-packard printers.

compuquilt.com sells both regular and the hp formula bubble jetset for slightly more than dharma. it's waaaaaaaaay easy to use and a fraction of the cost of the packaged sheets.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:19 AM

I did this one for an anniversary gift.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-33813.jpe   attachment-33814.jpe  
Old 11-27-2008, 08:20 AM
HMK

I use Printed Treasures and find it's the easiest and gives the best quality- I've tried other methods but come back to the Printed Treasures.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:27 AM

I used PT also--for the barn quilt. They say if you're making a wall hanging you don't have to remove the paper from the back--keeps them stiffer.

It's easy Terri--the sheets fit into your printer. I had to print a sample first to make sure it was the right size for the barn doors. I put the photos in a word document first--then you can get more per page--depending on how big you want them. Angie gave me that idea. :wink:
Old 11-27-2008, 09:57 AM

Terri here is a cerial bowl holder i made fom the material i have
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34032.jpe  
Old 11-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Terri, I used the Printed Treasures to make a memory quilt for my Grandmother. I don't do this type of project enough to warrant fooling with the bottle of stuff to treat the fabric, so the Printed Treasures sheets worked better for me. They were easy to come by..ordered online, pretty reasonable cost-wise , and really easy to use. Just lined up the pics I wanted in a work doc., printed as normal..used the fabric instead of paper.

I did not like quilting over the pics though. If you are going around them, like a quilt in the ditch thing- great. My design had some lines that went through the pics and they were very stiff and hard for the needle to get through, but it can be done and my quilt turned out fine

Phrases of my GM's favorite things like...ice cream on a hot day..corn on the cob dripping butter, fall walks...etc.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23670[/ATTACH]

My grandmothers lap quilt..family pics and the light ones are just words typed out of her favorite things
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23671[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23670.jpe   attachment-23671.jpe  
Old 11-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Power Poster

Terri I used the Electric Quilt fabric Sheets to make our family memory quilt. They were easy to use through a printer . As for washable we haven't washed the quilt yet, but I did run them under water after they had dried and did not run. Joanns has them and you can use coupons on them ! :lol:
Sharon
Old 11-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Thanks all......
I'll have to check it all out.
This is for a project I will be starting in Jan