Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome 11000SE / Computer Question

Janome 11000SE / Computer Question

Want to install the MC 11K Tools on my Janome 11000SE. Instruction Book talks about Windows XP, I have Windows 7. Will the CD still work for me? Anyone with this sewing machine and more computer knowledge than me, know the answer? Also hindered by the fact no USB cord came with my machine, so I may be using the wrong one and my dealer is on holiday until next week. No, I'm not frustrated! LOL
    We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries
    I think you need to download an update:
    http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/software.html

Scroll down to PC Folder. When I clicked on the update page to add Windows 7 compatibiity, I got this:
    http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_download..._pcfolder.html

Some people buy Windows XP laptops on eBay to resolve compatibility issues with software.

Sometimes the software issues are caused by the computor's processor---32 bit works with most of it, but 64bit can cause some problems, and Win8 isn't compatible with any of the older embroidery software--that's my experience. I am keeping 3 laptops with WinXP rather than paying hundreds/thousands for new programs. I hope you resolve the problem with your Janome!

Blog Entries
    that's exactly why i keep my XP, too many terrific programs... some of which don't even have upgrade programs
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Thank you, so much Prism99 ! That certainly looks like it will solve my problem.

I will attempt it tomorrow when I feel more rested.

I really appreciate your reply.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw