Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 12000 Horizon link  install on windows 10 >

Janome 12000 Horizon link install on windows 10

Janome 12000 Horizon link install on windows 10

Old 12-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Default Janome 12000 Horizon link install on windows 10

Help! Please! I had to buy a new computer for my sewing machine and it has windows 10. I called my dealer and was informed to install the original disk first then download the update.
i tried installing the horizonlink 1.0 cd that came with the machine. Nothing happens. No install.
The CD player is spinning and tries to start but nothing.
I think it's windows 10 as I checked the CD player on another computer that doesn't have windows 10 and it works fine. When I open file explorer I see a list of horizon link files but nothing that has a setup or an exe extension.
can anyone help me? I need to finish quilting a motif with the machine.
thankyou
Old 12-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Power Poster

I asked my techie husband. He told me a couple of things I don't totally understand, but that I will pass on in case they are useful to you.

He wants to know what comes up on the screen on the old computer when you insert the CD. Does it give you options to choose from? If not, it may be an auto-run CD that doesn't work on your new computer because you don't have the right software drivers to auto-run the CD.

I think that's what he was trying to explain.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
Help! Please! I had to buy a new computer for my sewing machine and it has windows 10. I called my dealer and was informed to install the original disk first then download the update.
i tried installing the horizonlink 1.0 cd that came with the machine. Nothing happens. No install.
The CD player is spinning and tries to start but nothing.
I think it's windows 10 as I checked the CD player on another computer that doesn't have windows 10 and it works fine. When I open file explorer I see a list of horizon link files but nothing that has a setup or an exe extension.
can anyone help me? I need to finish quilting a motif with the machine.
thankyou
I found this. Looks like you will need to do an update once you have the initial file from your CD loaded. Not sure if it will help you or not:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_download...link_v120.html

Put a short cut to your CD player on your desk top. Put your CD in. Wait a minute. Then double click the icon to open the CD files. Search each folder for the exe or set up file. Take it from there.

Last edited by Feather3; 12-17-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:20 AM

There doesn't seem to be an auto run on the new computer. When I check the device manager, it does see the removable CD/DVD drive and when I check file explorer, the new computer lists the files .
after more research on the computer, i read that windows 10 does not have windows media installed. That i need to buy it and download it. I am wondering if that will work.
The CD/DVD player works fine on the older computers so its not that device.