Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome 350 embrodiery machine

Blog Entries

Janome 350 embrodiery machine

I have a Janome 350 Emb. machine and have downloaded some free patterns off of the internet. Do I need a software program to get those off and into the machine? Thanks for any help.

No you, don't. The Janome 350e takes a thumbdrive to transfer designs from your computer to your machine - as long as they are in the right format.
    If they aren't in jef format, you will need to convert them. There are some free programs out there to do that - I used to use Wilcom trusizer - which will also resize designs if you want them bigger/smaller... http://www.wilcom.com.au/PRODUCTS.aspx/TrueSizer.aspx

I found a few others that you could try if you don't like Wilcom - just do a google search for embroidery design converter and you will come up with a few different possibilities. I used Wilcom and was happy with it though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
    No you, don't. The Janome 350e takes a thumbdrive to transfer designs from your computer to your machine - as long as they are in the right format.
    If they aren't in jef format, you will need to convert them. There are some free programs out there to do that - I used to use Wilcom trusizer - which will also resize designs if you want them bigger/smaller... http://www.wilcom.com.au/PRODUCTS.aspx/TrueSizer.aspx
    I found a few others that you could try if you don't like Wilcom - just do a google search for embroidery design converter and you will come up with a few different possibilities. I used Wilcom and was happy with it though
    Thanks for your reply, I'll check this out.