Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 6600 FMQ foot >

Janome 6600 FMQ foot

Janome 6600 FMQ foot

Old 09-02-2011, 04:18 AM

I would like to try FMQ with my Janome. Purchased the special bobbin case but not sure about the "foot". I have the darning foot that came with the machine but I think I read somewhere that Janome has a different darning foot for FMQ for this machine. Is that correct? If so has anyone used it?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 AM

There's a convertable free motion foot you can buy, it has different attachments for the openings like a closed hole piece, open hole (like the one that comes with your machine) and a large plastic bullseye hole piece. They just screw in to the main foot.

It is not necessary to have that to use the special bobbin case. I had the 6600 for awhile and I didn't get the special attachment until I got the Horizon.

I found that you definitely need to adjust the tension on top though, the new bobbin works pretty well.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
There's a convertable free motion foot you can buy, it has different attachments for the openings like a closed hole piece, open hole (like the one that comes with your machine) and a large plastic bullseye hole piece. They just screw in to the main foot.

It is not necessary to have that to use the special bobbin case. I had the 6600 for awhile and I didn't get the special attachment until I got the Horizon.

I found that you definitely need to adjust the tension on top though, the new bobbin works pretty well.
Thanks for the info.