Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome 7700 Zig Zag Stepper Motor not working >
  • Janome 7700 Zig Zag Stepper Motor not working

• Janome 7700 Zig Zag Stepper Motor not working

Old 10-24-2022, 05:43 PM

Default Janome 7700 Zig Zag Stepper Motor not working

Hi, I am having a problem with the zig zag stepper motor on my Janome 7700. The stepper motor has been changed, and the sensors are working properly, but it still does not work. I read somewhere that it was most likely a problem with the main circuit board. I have some experience soldering, so I am comfortable replacing components on the circuit board. I'm just not sure what to check. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Old 10-25-2022, 03:01 AM
    Administrator

contact a janome dealer.
    Old 10-25-2022, 04:34 AM
    mkc

Originally Posted by Pete72
    Hi, I am having a problem with the zig zag stepper motor on my Janome 7700. The stepper motor has been changed, and the sensors are working properly, but it still does not work. I read somewhere that it was most likely a problem with the main circuit board. I have some experience soldering, so I am comfortable replacing components on the circuit board. I'm just not sure what to check. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Without the schematics you would have no idea what components are on what circuits on the board. Replacing discretes with the wrong type or value can result in unexpected/incorrect function or damage beyond the main board.

You would be well-advised to contact a Janome dealer for diagnosis and repair.
    Old 10-25-2022, 05:12 AM

I've had a circut board go out after i dropped my machine....you MUST have it repared by a Janome dealer/service repair man. One circut going out can lead to major problems with other circuts and then you might as well throw it in the trash and buy a whole new machine. Having it repared won't be cheap, but it will be repared properly.
    Old 10-25-2022, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind. I was hoping I'd get lucky, and it would be an easy repair to complete.