Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 9900 Help Please. >

Janome 9900 Help Please.

Janome 9900 Help Please.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Default Janome 9900 Help Please.

I just got a Janome 9900. I don't get my embriodery sewing classes till next month. I would like to take advantage of some sales on designs at emblibrary but don't now where to start. Do I need some kind of software to read the designs? How do I set up files for the designs. Is there a place on the internet that has this info? I live about a hour and a half from my dealer so I can't just pop in to get info. My machine handbook tells nothing that I can see about purchase designs and how to use them. Thanks in Advance.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM

I'm not familiar with this particular Janome, but have you tried going onto the Janome website? They have a number of videos available, or you could also do a search on You Tube. Some quilt shops will post tutorials for the latest machines. Also, call your dealer and speak with the person who specializes in the Janome machines. I've often gotten answers over the phone from my own Janome dealer. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Contact your dealer, and find out:
what embroidery file type your machine will use
maximum size of your embroidery field
How you transfer designs (probably from a thumb drive)
Go to Embroidery Library and set up an account. You select a design that will fit your hoop and then select the correct embroidery file type. When you make your purchase, you can download your file right away or just leave it in your account and download them after your class. The thing I really like about embroidery library is you can download any design you've purchased so if the hard drive on your PC crashes, you haven't lost your designs.
Wait until your class to verify, but I'm pretty sure you don't need software to just download and stitch out designs.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 PM

I have the Janome 9900. It takes .jef format. I have Embrilliance software to see/read the designs. I just set up folders to store my designs.

LOVE my Janome9900!!
sandy