Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome machines >

Janome machines

Janome machines

Old 05-27-2014, 08:20 PM

I too L. O V. E my Janome(s).
I am blessed to have a 6600 and it is a true work horse. I bought it used from a local sewing store that I shop at in town. I am in Texas and purchased this and few years ago and paid $1.000 for it. It is a heavy duty & yes, a very heavy machine.

Next is the 11,000 that was upgraded to a .special addition as well as had the Accu-Fill kit added on. I bought this one last year, from the same shop for $2'300, ; it was a one owner that traded it in for a 12,000 model) this one is a combo sewing / embroidery machine. I got it strictly for embroidering (but it can be used for sewing if need be) this one sits in one place as it weighs about 35 pounds. It sews and embroiders beautifully. I have no complaints.

Several of my quilting friends have these very same machines and love them just as well.

I called and called more than once to the shop asking about both these machines, as trade in. I was told each time, they don't hardly ever get these in for trades. And they always have people calling wanting a used one. I was blessed with calling on THE day both these were brought in. Neither Had even been serviced yet.

The day I called to check on the 6600. My friend at the store told me they had just taken this one in that morning as a trade up for newer model. I knew I wanted this machine, so sight unseen I paid for it Over the phone with a CC so it would be mine! . I went in a few days later to pick it up, it had to be serviced and cleaned and my friend told that while she was on the phone with me, taking my CC # someone else was asking if they had any in. She had to put me on hold to tell the other lady in the store that it had just sold....to me!!

Similar thing happened to the 11,000 but it was so late in the day on Sat when it was brought in, that if felt I had to pray about it $ discuss it with hubby due to the price, before deciding anything. But come. Monday morning at 10AM I was there and paid for it. Then when I went back in, same thing, my friend told me between the time I came in on day and she I picked up the machine, she'd had several ladies come in asking about one.

At out local store you get 1 year warranty on any used machine you purchase from them, as well as a free classes on how to use the machine / feet and anything else it comes with. This was a huge help to me on the 11,000 not having used this kind of embroidery machine before. Also, which was an additional plus for me with this particular machine, I got a CC ONLY for this store and had 12 no interest the first year. Needless to say she was paid off before the year was up!

My last and newest (brand new in fact) is the Janome 3160. This one is a regular size swing machine, with a few extra stitches on it, regular size harp space, but it is really light weight (@ 12 lbs)!and is my travel machine when I need one to travel with, Classes, retreats, friends house .... This one cost right at 800.00 brand new and came with the additional table / tray for increased sewing area. I bought this from a LQD b/c she had them cheaper than my sewing machine store did plus it already included with the additional table.

This is the breakdown of my Janome family and I would not trade any of them! (Probably WAY mor than you asked for huh?) lol
I wish you well on your search to find the right machine for you.

Last edited by LAQUITA; 05-27-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:26 PM

I too L. O V. E my Janome(s).
I am blessed to have a 6600 and it is a true work horse. I bought it used from a local sewing Sophie that I shop as I. Town. I am in Texas and purchased this and we by ears ago and paid $1.000 for it. It is a heavy duty & yes, heavy machine.

Next is the 11,000 that was upgraded to a .special addition as well as had the Accu-Fill kit added on. I bought this one last year, from the same shop for $2'300, ; it was a one owner that traded it in for a 12,000 model) this one is a combo sewing / embroidery machine. I got it strictly for embroidering (but it can be used for sewing if need be) this one sits in one place as it weighs about 35 pounds. It sews and embroiders beautifully. I have no complaints.

Several of my quilting friends have these veery same machines and love them just as well. Also, I called and called more than once to the shop asking about both these machines, as trade in. I was told each time, they don't hardly ever get these in for trades. And they always have people calling wanting a used one. I was blessed with calling on THE day these were brought in. Had not even been serviced yet.

The day I called to check on the 6600. My friend at the store told me they had just taken this one in that morning as a true axe upl I knew I wanted this machine, so sight unseen I paid for it Over the phone with a CC so it would be mine! . I went in a few days later to pick it up, it had to be serviced and cleaned and my friend at the shop told that while she was on the phone with me, taking my CC # someone else was asking if they had any in. She had to put me on hold to tell the other lady in the store that it had just sold....to me!!

Similar thing happened to the 11,000 but it was so late in the day on Sat when it was brought in, and I had to pray about it $ discuss it with hubby due to the price, before deciding anything. But come. Monday morning at 10AM I was three and paid for it.

At out local store you get 1 year warranty on any used machine you purchase from them, as well as a free classes on how to use the machine / feet and anything else it comes with. This was a huge help to me on the 11,000 not having used this kind of embroidery machine before. Also, which was an additional plus for me with this particular machine, I got a CC ONLY for this store and had 12 no interest the first year. Needless to say she was paid off before the year was up!

My last and newest (brand new in fact) is the Janome 3160. This one is a regular size swing machine, with a few extra stitches on it, regular size harp space, but it is really light weight (@ 12 lbs)!and is my travel machine when I need one to travel with, Classes, retreats, friends house .... This one cost right at 800.00 brand new and came with the additional table / tray for increased sewing area. I bought this from a LQD b/c she had them cheaper than my sewing machine store did plus it already included with the additional table.

This is the breakdown of my Janome family and I would not trade any of them! (Probably WAY more than you asked for huh?) lol
I wish you well on your search to find the right machine for you.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 PM

I still have my 7700. Traded in my 6600 (which I hated with a passion). I've had it since it came out. There was an issue with the 1/4" foot, but then they came out with a new one and it's fine, it's my go to machine. I also had the 11000SE and traded that for the 15000, wish I hadn't though, it's a little above me and I only used the 11000SE for embroidery, should have kept it.

Good luck with your search, but if you want a larger harp don't get the 6600.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:16 PM

I love my 6600! I test-drove a 7700 and didn't see enough features I liked to upgrade from my 6600. Wow, I just can't imagine not liking that machine, I love mine so much! But of course, to each their own!

I have FMQ'd a 120" square king-size quilt on my 6600 and it wasn't too bad at all. For me, the 6600 is plenty big enough. I also have a Janome 3160 as my portable machine; both are absolutely lovely to sew on.

I don't do much embroidery; I have a relatively inexpensive Brother for that. (PE770, bought on Amazon)