Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Memorycraft 6500P >

Janome Memorycraft 6500P

Janome Memorycraft 6500P

Old 10-21-2014, 09:14 PM

Default Janome Memorycraft 6500P

Does anyone on the board own this machine? I have researched many machines and this one looks like it will meet my needs, I'm fairly newbie on free motion quilting and really want to try ruler work and the Janome has the ruler toe foot for doing ruler work as well as many other features that I want in a new machine. Plus it is priced in my budget. I guess I'm looking for someone that already has the machine and looking for pros and cons with this machine.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:34 AM

Hi
I have the Memorycraft 6500 Q machine and I love it. I've had it about 18 months. I don't know how similar it is to the P edition tho. Mine came with a box containing about 10-12 different feet.

I don't have a ruler foot tho, so can't comment on that, but all the other features are good, I don't think I can find one aspect of the machine that I don't like. (Except my automatic threader doesn't work , but I know how that came to be - don't let a 12 yo accidentally touch the foot-pedal whilst threading lol.)

I've even been known to go into the room just to give the machine a pet in the passing, when I haven't had time to actually use if for a few days lol.

I'd be interested in finding out a bit more about the ruler foot you mentioned tho......

Cheers, K
Old 10-22-2014, 04:36 AM

I have this machine, bought it used bout 4 years ago. I love it. And what is a ruler foot?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Have you gone and test drove this model?? DSM are just like cars. You need to test drive it to see if it works for you now that you have done your research. Find a good dealer who will work with you on the price and provide you service when you need it. Good Luck.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:44 AM

I have the 6600, which is essentially the same machine but includes Accufeed. I think Accufeed is fantastic, you may want to look into the 6600 before you buy the 6500. Accufeed is essentially a built-in walking foot. You do need to put special feet on the machine to use the top walking feet but IMO it's totally worth it.

I love my 6600, it's a great machine. I'm sure the 6500 is similarly wonderful!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I have the 6600, which is essentially the same machine but includes Accufeed. I think Accufeed is fantastic, you may want to look into the 6600 before you buy the 6500. Accufeed is essentially a built-in walking foot. You do need to put special feet on the machine to use the top walking feet but IMO it's totally worth it.

Ditto above!! I have the 6600 and it sews like a charm! I have never done ruler work so I can't help you there, but I totally enjoy sewing on my 6600.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post

I agree with the two post above. The Acufeed foot is great for SID.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:34 AM

The ruler toe ( foot ) is explained qiite well on [email protected] she does a class I quess you would call it and it's FREE! She does a really good job on explaining the " Ruler Toe" as well as ruler usage for free motion quilting. She also does a free motion quilting class,that is every Monday. I can not wait to get my new machine so I can try this new to metype of free motion quilting. If you can't find her at the website she is also on utube.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 AM

WOW, retta97! That sight looks amazing! I had to google it. For anyone else interested go to >> http://freemotionquiltingadventures....g-page_16.html I can't wait to watch and learn!!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:55 PM

I really really dislike my Janome 6500. It should have been painted bright yellow as it has been a pain since I purchased it. Right now I have decided that I will not spend one more cent on it and I am looking for another machine. It has had bobbin issues, chipping paint, feed dogs that won't raise if lowered, jamming, growling, breaking needles, refuses to feed fabric in, bunches, hates thicker layers, veers off seam junctions, winds bobbins unevenly and has been the worst machine and the most expensive that I have ever purchased. I know lots of people love them but not me. If you were closer, I would gift it to you as long as I didn't have to hear you complain about it.