Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome sewing machine needles? >

Janome sewing machine needles?

Janome sewing machine needles?

Old 07-20-2018, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
I have recently purchased an 8900 and was advised to only use Janome needles. I have a ton of Schmetz needles which I use with my Juki so I was doggedly reluctant to buy another type just for "one machine" but after some frustrations with massive skipped stitches while sewing with the Schmetz needles in the 8900 I tried the Janome purple needles and my problem vanished. sigh.......I've relinquished, given in, and accepted the inevitable and have now purchased a range of Janome needles for the 8900....sigh.....should've done what I was instructed to do in the first place....bad me!
I, too, have a ton of Schmetz needles that I use for my Juki TL2200QVP mini but my recently purchased, gently used, Janome 8900 gave me fits with the Schmetz needles! I purchased the Janome Purple, Red & Blue needles and so far, so good. When I was considering the purchase of the used 8900 I read many user's suggestions to only use Janome needles to avoid the dreaded skipped stitches. I wonder if this model is more particular than the others?

FYI - here's a link directly from the Janome site regarding needles

- https://www.janome.com/siteassets/bl...g-basics-1.pdf

Best of luck -
Christine

Last edited by TheMerkleFamily; 07-20-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
I have recently purchased an 8900 and was advised to only use Janome needles. I have a ton of Schmetz needles which I use with my Juki so I was doggedly reluctant to buy another type just for "one machine" but after some frustrations with massive skipped stitches while sewing with the Schmetz needles in the 8900 I tried the Janome purple needles and my problem vanished. sigh.......I've relinquished, given in, and accepted the inevitable and have now purchased a range of Janome needles for the 8900....sigh.....should've done what I was instructed to do in the first place....bad me!
Same here.....I have the 6600 and the 3160 and both work great with Organ needles that I buy in bulk from Amazon. Then I purchased the 15000, the needle threader would not work , advised by dealer to use only Janome needles. Resisted, complained, whined, the whole nine yards. Finally gave in and bought Janome needles and the threader works perfectly every single time. Sigh....I can be so hard headed sometimes. At least I can use the Organ needles in my other two machines. lol
Old 07-21-2018, 08:25 AM

I thought Organ made the Janome needles? Why would they be different? I ordered Organ needles so do I need to change that? Lol, it's all so confusing.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I thought Organ made the Janome needles? Why would they be different? I ordered Organ needles so do I need to change that? Lol, it's all so confusing.
Janome needles ARE repackaged Organ needles. Just try the ones you ordered and see how they work.

Cari
Old 07-21-2018, 01:02 PM

OK, my final decision backed by the advice of the man who sells and services Janomes, and from whom I bought mine. Organ and Janome are totally compatible! I can use them fine in my machine.
Titanium needles are perfectly safe to use in my machine. Organ titanium needles break and bend like any other needle, however, the tip will stay sharp far longer.
The reason the machine needle threader sometimes doesn't work is because titanium needle tips are a little different so the eye doesn't always line up for the auto-threader. They will not harm my machine in any way.
So, I feel confident now that I can keep and use the Organ needles I ordered. Yay... and thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts.