Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Janome vs. Brother

I have not been happy with my Janome 7700--lots of annoying glitches, especially with the bobbin. Does anyone have the new Brother Laura Ashley Isadore? It looks and sews like a dream machine. Of course this is a trade in and up (more money). I am very tempted to do this trade. What can you all tell me about the Brother Isadore?

I'm watching. Heard how good the Janome's are but it sounds like you got a lemon.

Just curious, what kind of bobbins issues are you having? Maybe someone can help?

Blog Entries
    I think the 7700s are stIll too new to have all the bugs worked through.

I dont know about the Janome but I now havw two Brothers and love them both almost more than my Vikings

I have a Brother Laura Ashley- love the machine- seems like you get alot more bang for your buck with Brother- the machine is wonderful- I also have a Brother innovis which I also love- I would not even think twice about buying another Brother machine

The Isadore is also new, big $$$, and subject to new machine glitches. Why not deal with the problems on your Horizon and get the machine you paid for? Join the Horizon yahoo group, lots of info and support there. List and document the problems with your Horizon, and take it to your dealer. A lot of people have gotten fixes and even replacement machines.

What are your bobbin issues?

I have the Janome 7700 and a Brother Innovis 4000d and I love both.

Hugs

I got a Brother laura Ashley Innovis 2000. I have really enjoyed it. I had replaced an 35 year old Singer. I looked at others but the money difference, I got the Brother.

Blog Entries
    The Janome sews like a dream, worth getting the glitches sorted out. Sorry that yours isn't working the way it should.

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome -not yours - but keeping the bobbin area lint free is a must and making sure the thread is in the tension really good makes a world of difference.

I haven't had any issues with the bobbin at all on my 7700, nor have I heard of any in the area. What is going on with it?

Blog Entries
    I have the Janome 7700 and love it. But I do have to make sure I'm using good quality bobbins. I've tried some of the prewound ones that come on plastic bobbins and find that some of them just don't perform right.
    You might also want to try the "Bobbin Genie" washers. I hear they help.

The bobbins don't stay solidly in place like they should. They sort of bounce up and down. I do get the Error messages often. Then I remove the throat plate and clean the lint out. A real pain. I may have "new machine fever" because I also have "new car fever". Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tjradj
    I have the Janome 7700 and love it. But I do have to make sure I'm using good quality bobbins. I've tried some of the prewound ones that come on plastic bobbins and find that some of them just don't perform right.
    You might also want to try the "Bobbin Genie" washers. I hear they help.
    This is what I use and it really helped a lot. No more snarls.

I'll try this. Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by sherry mcd
    The bobbins don't stay solidly in place like they should. They sort of bounce up and down. I do get the Error messages often. Then I remove the throat plate and clean the lint out. A real pain. I may have "new machine fever" because I also have "new car fever". Thanks.
    I know with my Brother machine has special bobbins for the Brother machines. They are a little heavier than most. Maybe your machine has the same thing. I do not know.

Blog Entries
    I've noticed that Janome's class 66 bobbins are slightly taller than those made by Singer. And maybe prewounds too. Could be the source of the problem.

Sherry, I have a Janome 9000 that I've had since they first came out. I love it for FMQ & even piecing. But I have a Babylock Esante that I got last year that I love! It was pricey even during a big promotion. Before I bought either one I visited local shops & took time to "play" on them in the store. Good luck

I love my brothers. Are you talking about the large one NX-2000 or the small one NX-8000. If your are talkign about the NX-2000 you are talking about the replacement for the QC-1000 and that machine is wonderful. I have the Espire which is esentially the same machine as it and have never had any problems with it. Have had it for 2 1/2 year and love it to pieces. If you are talking about the NX-800 which I assume replaces the NX-650Q, I have heard good things about that one, but you cant go wrong with either

Blog Entries
    I love my Brothers I have 5 and a serger. I have never had trouble with any...they are from Walmart cheap to the D4000.

I have the Janome and I love it. Will be a year in October. NO problems yet.

I have had my Brother Innovis 2500D for 6 years. It has been wonderful! The issues I have ever had with it have been user errors! LOL I have found Brother machines very user friendly and the instruction manual very easy to use when I went back to figure out what I was doing wrong. Also calling Brother for help was easy and they were great to deal with. I bought it from a dealer, but she retired 3 years ago sooo..... I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Brother. I had tried several other machines before I bought. I felt I got the most bang for my buck and quuality.

Blog Entries
    Are you using Janome bobbins? I tried using cheap bobbins (turned out they had little plastic tags sticking out and weren't perfectly smooth like the Janome bobbins are). Small thing - big difference!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast