Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jelly Maker's Cabin Quilt >

Jelly Maker's Cabin Quilt

Jelly Maker's Cabin Quilt

Old 12-26-2023, 09:50 AM

Default Jelly Maker's Cabin Quilt

I am working on the Jelly Maker's Cabin quilt for a grandson. It is nine different fabrics that I am working with. The pattern is for using six twenty four inch blocks laid 2x3 but I wanted to increase the size of the quilt so am making it three blocks by four blocks. I find it impossible to use the layout for assembly that they recommend so am coming up with my own layout. My head has been spinning but it is coming together well at the present time and is laid out on the floor of my living room. I want to have my daughter look this over and approve the layout before I actually sew the blocks together. After looking at it this morning I came across two long strips of the same fabric placed end to end so have figured out a way to turn a four strip piece around and sew that block back together. This probably makes no sense unless one has actually also tried this change in the pattern. I think the quilt will be great once I get it finished but have had a spinning head several times in the process. It has been fun and these old grandmas will do anything to keep those little ones happy. Just wondering if others had tried to enlarge this pattern and if perhaps you had some super easy way of figuring out the layout. Hope to post a picture soon.