Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jelly Roll Race quilt top is done! >

Jelly Roll Race quilt top is done!

Jelly Roll Race quilt top is done!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:11 AM

I love your colors and know your daughter's teachers will love their quilts. What a great and thoughtful gift!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:47 AM

What a beautiful quilt! I am going to a retreat at the end of March and will be making a 1600 inch quilt. I have been trying to decide which fabrics to use - thanks so much for posting this! And by the way, I thought I was the only person with a female cat named Larry! A stray had kittens, three of them looked almost identical so we named them Larry, Daryl and Daryl (from the old Bob Newhart show with Larry, my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl) Of course after we named them, they all turned out to be female! The vet's office got confused when I wanted Larry spayed!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks Mary Lane. That is just the info I needed. And thanks for the link. Your quilts are great.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
It is very pretty! I would use the orange for the backing and the brown, as you said, for the binding. Be sure to show us when you're finished!
Ditto! Love the colors.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:29 PM

Love your fabrics. I have a top done out of a Bali Pop. The fabric collection was called "Cappuccino". They really are lots of fun to put together. I still have to put the borders on too. Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 PM

How do you do that? Just sew the strips together in a long line and then sew back and forth? It is really pretty. I think Moda has some really pretty modern prints out.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
Thanks! It was my first Jelly Roll quilt. It is for my daughter's teachers as an appreciation for all they have done for her.
Lovely and I really like that you are showing the teachers appreciation...very special. Have you thought about a muslin
backing with a scrappy binding made of all the fabrics?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by hpbandy View Post
Its Beautiful, how big is ? Are you going to put any borders on it ?
I am not going to do a border, kinda like it as it is. And it is....48" x 52", approx.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
What a beautiful quilt! I am going to a retreat at the end of March and will be making a 1600 inch quilt. I have been trying to decide which fabrics to use - thanks so much for posting this! And by the way, I thought I was the only person with a female cat named Larry! A stray had kittens, three of them looked almost identical so we named them Larry, Daryl and Daryl (from the old Bob Newhart show with Larry, my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl) Of course after we named them, they all turned out to be female! The vet's office got confused when I wanted Larry spayed!
Hubby found her and her "brother" when they were barely 4 weeks old. I thought they were boys so I named them Larry and Henry. Henry passed after a week, , but Larry was doing good. When I took her to the vet for her first official visit, they came and said I needed a new name because Larry was a girl. lol But I liked it so it stayed.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltlady330 View Post
Lovely and I really like that you are showing the teachers appreciation...very special. Have you thought about a muslin
backing with a scrappy binding made of all the fabrics?
I have a section that I might add to the back. My strip got tangled up so I could not cut the fold even so I had one section that I had to trim off.