Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jewel tone quilt

I have a request to make a jewel tone quilt of purple and blue for a Christmas gift. Can anyone give me some ideas? I am not even too sure what I am looking for.

Thanks
    Anna

Blog Entries

LOL, looks like in the first search Jewell box pattern won hands down.:)

Eleanor Burns shows how to make that pattern in 2 videos that are online here.
    http://quiltinaday.com/theater/scraps/scraps01.html

Quilters cache has the jewel box pattern.

Jinny Beyer has gorgeous jewel tone fabrics, but there are many other lines that are very rich looking also.

Your best bet is to take the requester to pick the fabrics. Your take of a color may be totally different than his/hers and you may end up with something they don't want. I always request, as long as it is possible, for them to come shopping with me or to send me the fabric. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maride
    Your best bet is to take the requester to pick the fabrics. Your take of a color may be totally different than his/hers and you may end up with something they don't want. I always request, as long as it is possible, for them to come shopping with me or to send me the fabric. Better safe than sorry.
    Maride is SO CORRECT. Show her some of the books or patterns that you have that you would feel comfortable making since this is not a quilt you will be keeping. Eleanor Burns came out with this book years ago. I never made this pattern but her stuff is usually simple.... GOOD LUCK !!! :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you all so much.

Well, my Son requested the quilt for a surprise for his girlfriend as a Christmas gift so having her pick out the fabric won't work.

Has anyone seen a 2 color jewel quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maride
    Maride is SO CORRECT. Show her some of the books or patterns that you have that you would feel comfortable making since this is not a quilt you will be keeping. Eleanor Burns came out with this book years ago. I never made this pattern but her stuff is usually simple.... GOOD LUCK !!! :lol: