Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: JEWELED FOREST Pattern from McCalls

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Spring Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    858

    JEWELED FOREST Pattern from McCalls

    I sent in my request for this pattern a while back along with all of you ..and have just received this response.
    I thought that you all might like to know what is going on with our requests for that pattern


    Hi, Marcia!



    I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Right now I have hundreds of requests and I’m trying to get back to everyone as quickly as I can, but Fall Market and Festival just ended and I was “holding down the fort” while everyone was away. We are trying to figure out a way to get the patterns to everyone more quickly based on how much time is involved with copying and mailing patterns. As soon as I know what we can do, I will get back to you. We will honor all requests we receive.



    Again, I apologize for the delay.



    Sincerely,

    Tricia Camp

    Editorial Assistant

    McCall’s Quilting/Quick Quilts

  2. #2
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks! I was wondering where mine was too!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  3. #3
    Junior Member goosepoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern VA-Patrick Co
    Posts
    232
    That is pretty darn nice for them to take the time to respond. Someone ought to respond and suggest an online download possibly.

  4. #4
    Member tutslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    80
    I love my McCalls quilting mags. They do such a nice job. My sis made that pattern and it is gorgeous. It's in my to do pile. LOL

  5. #5
    Super Member DianneK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Liberty, Pa
    Posts
    2,048
    It was nice of YOU to take the time to update us!

  6. #6
    Super Member Quiltaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by goosepoint View Post
    That is pretty darn nice for them to take the time to respond. Someone ought to respond and suggest an online download possibly.
    That would be a great idea, no need for them to copy and mail, just send everyone a link where we could download the pattern and get an address to mail in the payment, or even set up to accept PayPal.

  7. #7
    Senior Member roxie623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arizona via New Jersey
    Posts
    541
    Thanks for keeping us updated. When I went to the site to email my request it wouldn't even take it. Said there was an error. I'm sure the error was 100's of requests! LOL
    Roxie

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Posts
    1,772
    Does someone have a picture of the this quilt? I would love to see it, even though I didn't get the pattern.
    I am Mimi for 2.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    western ny
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann L View Post
    Does someone have a picture of the this quilt? I would love to see it, even though I didn't get the pattern.
    Here is the link to the blocks
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t161844.html

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddict View Post
    That would be a great idea, no need for them to copy and mail, just send everyone a link where we could download the pattern and get an address to mail in the payment, or even set up to accept PayPal.
    I asked about Pal Pal and she told me they don't have an account. A download would be great and less money for them.

  11. #11
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by goosepoint View Post
    That is pretty darn nice for them to take the time to respond. Someone ought to respond and suggest an online download possibly.
    That's what I think, too. If we could just get our paws on a .pdf...
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

  12. #12
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
    I sent in my request for this pattern a while back along with all of you ..and have just received this response.
    I thought that you all might like to know what is going on with our requests for that pattern


    Hi, Marcia!



    I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Right now I have hundreds of requests and I’m trying to get back to everyone as quickly as I can, but Fall Market and Festival just ended and I was “holding down the fort” while everyone was away. We are trying to figure out a way to get the patterns to everyone more quickly based on how much time is involved with copying and mailing patterns. As soon as I know what we can do, I will get back to you. We will honor all requests we receive.



    Again, I apologize for the delay.



    Sincerely,

    Tricia Camp

    Editorial Assistant

    McCall’s Quilting/Quick Quilts
    Did you end up getting the pattern in the end? Is it a .pdf? That would've been so much easier for them...
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

  13. #13
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddict View Post
    That would be a great idea, no need for them to copy and mail, just send everyone a link where we could download the pattern and get an address to mail in the payment, or even set up to accept PayPal.
    Exactly! That would solve all our problems...
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

  14. #14
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,744
    Blog Entries
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by goosepoint View Post
    That is pretty darn nice for them to take the time to respond. Someone ought to respond and suggest an online download possibly.
    That is a great idea! Sure would simply a lot.

    Linda

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

    http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Super Member Havplenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO (the Show Me state)
    Posts
    2,975
    Blog Entries
    8
    mccall's response is a bit puzzling. they have this pattern in a digital download available.... unless it's not. perhaps the download is nor working.

    http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/produ...quilt-patterns
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)



  16. #16
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    mccall's response is a bit puzzling. they have this pattern in a digital download available.... unless it's not. perhaps the download is nor working.

    http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/produ...quilt-patterns
    THANK YOU for the link! I was hoping I could find someplace to spend my $$$ on this little beauty! Thanks, thanks, thanks!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

  17. #17
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,776
    Why buy it? I drafted my own. Because it is PP it was super easy to draft and make. My angles may not be exactly the same and I opted for 4 tiers in my trees instead of the 3 on the Jeweled forest blocks I have seen. By drafting my own I could make it the exact size I needed. Here is where I used it, the pine trees on the sides. I also drafted the top and bottom trees too:

    Name:  flannel panel 2.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  580.4 KB

  18. #18
    Super Member catmcclure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bay Area near San Francisco
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
    I sent in my request for this pattern a while back along with all of you ..and have just received this response.
    I thought that you all might like to know what is going on with our requests for that pattern
    Well, DUH, they have the pattern downloadable for $6.95 on their website:

    http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/produ...lting-patterns

  19. #19
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    Why buy it? I drafted my own. Because it is PP it was super easy to draft and make. My angles may not be exactly the same and I opted for 4 tiers in my trees instead of the 3 on the Jeweled forest blocks I have seen. By drafting my own I could make it the exact size I needed. Here is where I used it, the pine trees on the sides. I also drafted the top and bottom trees too:

    Name:  flannel panel 2.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  580.4 KB
    What a fabulous quilt! I'm too dumb to draw my own so look like I'll be giving McCall's $7!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

  20. #20
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,776
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    What a fabulous quilt! I'm too dumb to draw my own so look like I'll be giving McCall's $7!

    Why do you insult yourself like that? I just bought some graph paper that had 1/4" squares on it and counted squares then used a ruler and drew a line. It is NOT rocket science and involved no math. You should try it you may surpirse yourself.

  21. #21
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I won't lose sleep over buying a $7 pattern. Now if I had to buy a book to get one pattern or if the pattern wasn't available I would draft my own.
    Got fabric?

  22. #22
    Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    Why buy it? I drafted my own. Because it is PP it was super easy to draft and make. My angles may not be exactly the same and I opted for 4 tiers in my trees instead of the 3 on the Jeweled forest blocks I have seen. By drafting my own I could make it the exact size I needed. Here is where I used it, the pine trees on the sides. I also drafted the top and bottom trees too:

    Name:  flannel panel 2.JPG
Views: 439
Size:  580.4 KB
    I like yours better than there's I see a pattern maker in you. Great job
    ​Christine

  23. #23
    Super Member needles3thread's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,362
    Which McCalls Magazine is this pattern in? I might have it.

  24. #24
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I got the pattern. The trees have 15 pp sections for each three tiered tree. The background for each tree has sections, not all one piece per section. I wouldn't have known the more pieces are what makes the trees so striking. Mine would have been rather dull and flat with the drafting of the basic parts.
    Got fabric?

  25. #25
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Mich.
    Posts
    1,400
    I found a similar pattern at quilteddelights.blogspot.com
    it's a postcard tutorial, I'm sure it can easily be resized.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.