Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Jo Ann's buyout?

Blog Entries
    Well don't I feel silly, I didn't even notice the date. I'm now even more disappointed 'cause Js hasn't gotten better since 2010. They actually arranged the store so you file through the check out like a narrow cattle shute and have all these little items and candy right there about two inches from your face. Talk about marketing
    ell that is the end of that rant.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Silly people. They didn't buy it to 'make it better', they bought it to make money, plain and simple. That's what venture capitalists do. And it's working out just fine for them. Sales are up, profits are up, and no more shareholders to get in the way.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Blog Entries
    too funny....I did not notice that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    Well don't I feel silly, I didn't even notice the date. I'm now even more disappointed 'cause Js hasn't gotten better since 2010. They actually arranged the store so you file through the check out like a narrow cattle shute and have all these little items and candy right there about two inches from your face. Talk about marketing
    ell that is the end of that rant.
    peace

Blog Entries
    I heard a whisper that Walmart was going to be allowing a JoAnn's dept in the store, like the eye, hair salon and arcade in most of the Walmarts now. Who knows what will be in the next few years.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Also, just noticed the date after I sent an email to friends - oops!!! I will have to be more observant - Sad to note that their customer service and quality has steadily declined since the take over. Guess the bottom line will always be the one most important to the conglomerates instead of business improvement.

our bigger WalMart got their fabric back in and I was so excited at the time but I can't find any of it I like. Most of it is way over priced for it to be at Wal Mart and I go to Hancock's when I have a coupon. We have a JoAnn's but it's 90 miles away and since gas is now $3.129 in Hattiesburg I don't go 90 miles for fabric.

Same here! Very sad to hear this!
    Bonitagaye...proud new Gramma

The workers at my local Joann's are always bickering with one another, never smile and complain at the check out. I dread going there to shop. The last time I was there I arrived just after opening and the store looked like a tornado had torn through it. I told my daughter that if I was the manager of this store and I came into a mess like this I would be livid. Maybe this will turn things around.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Blog Entries
    Probably not, since the buyout happened several years ago.

$12 a yard muslin????? Even my LQS doesn't charge that much.

Quote Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
    well, I am personally going to go back in as soon as the snow melts, and the weather tames down a little here in Michigan. and I am taking a brand new bolt of $12 a yard muslin with me, to show them, the dirty material in the bolt. has this ever happened to anyone else? I had to cut it, and I washed it before I used it. otherwise, I would have returned it. looked like it had been splattered, and then 'what to me, looked like signs of bed bugs at one time in the material'. and yes, I know the difference between bug bug stains, and cotton gin by products.
    '

Blog Entries
    From that article it doesn't sound like the new buyers are real interested in providing the community with quality crafting and sewing supplies. If this new store doesn't provide us good products, I think another Co. will step onto the scene. The crafting industry is a big money maker, at least that is what I am hoping.
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

Blog Entries
    This thread is three years old. The buyout was a long time ago. If nothing has changed by this time, it probably won't.

I guess JoAnn's is doing ok . . . They are opening a store in our local Mall. An 'anchor' spot, joining Penney's, Sears, and Belks.

My Walmart has fabric, and if I am careful choosing, I can do ok. There is a Hancock's a bit further, but like yall - I go for the sales.

I am hopeful that JoAnn's will complement Walmart, for my (affordable?) purchasing needs!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5