Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann Fabrics now has multi brand sewing machines >

Joann Fabrics now has multi brand sewing machines

Joann Fabrics now has multi brand sewing machines

Old 11-03-2019, 04:31 AM

Several larger Joann's have the internal Viking Dealer where I've bought all my Husqvarna. I know of the one up in MA, White Plains NY and now that I'm here in DE up in Dover. Many of the internal shops have been taken out since business wasn't good. I recently went up to Dover for feet on sale and at one point the repair person was coming there for cleanings and repairs every other Tues but I was told now they still come but just to help pack the machines and mail off to Husq for all the above...UGH...
There is a shop up in Orange CT "Close to Home" who sells all brands of machines and does in hse svc where I use to take all my machines. Might have to take my machines bk there when needed. I'll visit w/friend and family while there.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:48 AM

Pm me and I can give you a list of places for servicing your machines in DE.

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Several larger Joann's have the internal Viking Dealer where I've bought all my Husqvarna. I know of the one up in MA, White Plains NY and now that I'm here in DE up in Dover. Many of the internal shops have been taken out since business wasn't good. I recently went up to Dover for feet on sale and at one point the repair person was coming there for cleanings and repairs every other Tues but I was told now they still come but just to help pack the machines and mail off to Husq for all the above...UGH...
There is a shop up in Orange CT "Close to Home" who sells all brands of machines and does in hse svc where I use to take all my machines. Might have to take my machines bk there when needed. I'll visit w/friend and family while there.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2019 at 04:57 AM. Reason: fix quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by BonnieJP View Post
The Joanne in Geneva, IL carries Viking/Husqvarna. This appears to be a separately owned dealer who rents space in Joanne because you cannot purchase anything in the Viking/Husqvarna section of the store except through the sales person in the V/H section. The Joanne cashier cannot ring up anything from the V/H section.

That's how it is at our Local JAF.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:14 AM

yes they do carry a number of differanct models...but for the most part, they are often lower end machines...I know that the local dealers around here, do not carry the same cheaper models that JoAnns does for the most part. The local dealers around here ofter specific classes for their machines and also have an in-house service technician that periodically goes to training at Bernina, or Viking, or Janome....and I assume all the major sewing machine brands so the same. JoAnn's around here has a roaming service tech that does all machines and only periodically comes into the store....I can't remember if it is once a week or once a month. If not easily fixed...it goes off in the mail somewhere.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

What is the retun policy on machine at JoAnns. That is the most important thing to me when buying a machine. The last two class machines I bought were from Amazon. I didn't care for one, just couldn't bond with it so I returned it with no hassle and bought another brand. It was the same machine the local dealer was selling for the same price. The reason I didn't buy from the dealer is there was no way she would let me return the machine two weeks after I bought it because I didn't care for it anymore. I asked and she said no, even if it wasn't sewing right it would be repaired not returned. Everything I needed to learn about the machine were classes on line for free or low cost. Repair shop is separate from dealer so he wouldn't care where I bought it if it ever needs repair.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:22 AM

This is only in the larger stores (every district has a 'super' store). They have a sewing center and have classes. The other stores in that district are what they call traditional stores and usually only carry a few machines. They do not offer classes (or have a framing depts). They can vary in size with some traditional stores being quite large, but the difference is the depts. By not having an actual sewing center, you will not be able to test the machine or get instruction on it. Hopefully you will have a knowledgeable employee who can guide you to the machine you need.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:04 PM

I noticed that too, I love Brother machines and have a Juki. It used to aggravate me that they only carried S****r, cause