Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Fabrics to open in Mooresville, NC >

JoAnn Fabrics to open in Mooresville, NC

JoAnn Fabrics to open in Mooresville, NC

Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM

Did they put it next to a NASCAR shop or something? Isn't that about all that's in Mooresville? LOL. I'd love to live near NASCAR Central.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM

Don't know about a NASCAR shop, I'm not a race fan. It's past Walmart down by Ollies, Dollar Store and I think it's called Rugged Outlet. All across from the theater.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

Actually it isn't by any of the Nascar shops, but it isn't far away and actually a genius move on their part. We just finished up 2 weeks of "Speed Week" where it is 24/7 racing and Mooresville is a BIG hub of that action. So putting a lower priced, well known fabric store for the ladies in the group is a smart move.

The LQS is The Quilter's Loft and they are really good there. It isn't far from where the JoAnn's will be. I actually called this morning and was told their grand opening will be July 7 - 9th. I was also told that there is a new Super JoAnn's being put up in Winston-Salem replacing the ultra tiny store already there.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the update When they do that, does it mean they will open on the 24th, but then have a big sale July 7th -9th? Yes, all of the contact I've had with the ladies in Quilters Loft has been very helpful and friendly. They just carry the high end sewing machines that I only dream of. One day...my ship wil land but until then,........
Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 AM

I have never been to The Quilters Loft. Maybe I will give it a try in the next few days. I really need some wool for a quilt I am making. I live in Davidson and have been driving to Hancock in Huntersville for fabric, but the ladies and the atmosphere there is not that great. Can't wait for JoAnn's to open in Mooresville...My husband would probably prefer it not open. :)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:22 PM

I am super excited someone posted Joann's opening date. I cannot wait!!! My sister in law lives in TN and teaches quilting classes with her guild, she has one of the HUGE room size quilting machines. I am interested in learning myself but live in the Cornelius NC area. Does anyone know if anyone in the surrounding area teaches quilting classes?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Banned

I'm not sure about Quilter's Loft in Mooresville, but I know that Creative Crafters in Statesville teaches you how to use the longarm for I think $35 and then you use it for I think $10 each project once you learn. Cindy is wonderful that teaches and it's a very relaxed fun atmosphere. Their website is creative-crafters.com. If you call, tell them Michele sent you!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:26 PM

:D OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I can't believe it-- I sure pestered them enough to put one in Concord or even Charlotte but Mooresville is close enough- thank you Joann Fabric for making me very happy.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM

I think Joann Fabric has made a lot of people happy.