Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joanne's has a 60 percent off coupon!

Joanne's has a 60 percent off coupon!

I bought some beautiful Alexander Henry "tatsu" Dragon fabric. Original price $12.99 a yard. I bought 4 yards! It's gorgeous. Black, gray, white and with some red thrown in. I couldn't believe it. I was walking around their store thinking maybe some black and white toile fabric for a center piece to go with the two black and white layer cakes that I bought. Now I need to make up my mind on which pattern to use. The slash and dash or the delectable mountain pattern. I'm thinking a throw quilt for my couch. Either solid red or solid black minkee for the backing.

The reason I bought so much fabric is that I'm afraid my quilt might disappear when my kids see it. I might have to make several. Both my boys are crazy about dragons.

The fabric is the same fabric that Karen K used in her OBW quilt: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...on-t94938.html

only I'm going to fussy cut a dragon for the center of my quilt.

Great. I love Joann's.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I had to laught when you described the fabric. I just bought the exact same fabric with one of my 60% off coupons. I am going to make a purse with mine.

Thanks for the reminder. Itís only good until tomorrow. Gotta run.

They also have fusible interfacing at 50 percent off! I'm also in purse making mode so I stocked up on it too.

Nice!! But I spent my fabric money on a new set of wireless headphones and a 4 port USB hub. :P

I had to have them...........honest I did.......haha
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

LOL - Chasing Hawk - that's something my DH would say!

Quote Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
    LOL - Chasing Hawk - that's something my DH would say!
    My husband and I play video games on our computers. This way we don't have to listen to each others game noises.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

My DH has a laptop set up in the living room and when he watches videos on it he uses headphones. He will watch TV and do stuff on his laptop at the same time while I read a book and watch TV! We multi-task! This way we spend quality time together!

Help I can't a coupon for Joanns I usually get thier e-mails

Got mine in the brochure they mailed out.

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i found the prices at jo-ann's to be unreasonable high. my local fabric shop doesnt charge as much as jo-ann's does and they have better fabric. from what i understand from an employee they also wanted to raise the prices on the keepsake calico to 12.99 a yd. that fabrics not worth 12.99.

Never mind just received one in my e-mail, got excited too soon, needed a few things from Joanns didn't want to go without a coupon.

I have that same fabric too! I'm going to fussy cut the dragon for my the quilt I'm planning for my nephew's Christmas present, and surround it with various skulls and flame fabrics, LOL. I figure if an 11 year old boy is going to like a quilt, it's going to need dragons, skulls and flames!!

Blog Entries
    On Joann.com there is a notice about the 60% off coupon in-store only. Click on that notice and it will take you to the coupon that can be printed off.
    I too think their fabric is a little pricey. We drove 85 miles to get there a few months ago. Came out of the store with empty hands.

Dang. I didn't even see that email until I searched after reading this. I guess I'll be heading to JoAnn's right after school tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
    They also have fusible interfacing at 50 percent off! I'm also in purse making mode so I stocked up on it too.
    Woohoo. I am stocking up on that. I will be out early today. I think I also have a 25% off whole order coupon. If not, I have my teacher discount coupon. I love making t- shirt quilts.

Joann's regular prices are way too high. I buy when they have 40 to 50 percent off an item or when I have coupons.

Like the fabric I bought yesterday. Regular price was $12.99 a yard. I paid $5 something a yard for it with my coupon. (Can you tell I was not a math major!)

A while back, I remember seeing the flying geese ruler by Quilt in a Day. Everywhere else regular price was $14.99. Regular price at Joann's was $19.99 but with a 50 percent off coupon it was only $10 - still a bargain but not really 50 percent off.

Blog Entries
    I'm forever getting those discount coupons and can never find anything to buy. I am not allowing myself to buy any more fabric for a while because of financial reasons, also have too large a stash already. Last week I wandered around the store looking for something to buy with the coupon, finally decided to check out the books....you guessed it, they were already on sale, so I couldn't use the coupon. I think they plan it this way. I get so irritated with Joanns that I rarely go there anymore.

I need another roll of batting, so I'm hoping that it isn't on sale. It would be such a pleasure to use a 60% coupon on that. Otherwise, I will be forced to look at the fabrics....
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I received this same add in my email, for 60% off Joanne's. This sale ends today, the 31st!

Thanks! I'll race over there this afternoon and hope their "Warm & Natural" batting isn't on sale! LOVE 60% off...

Blog Entries
    I used mine for some really soft $10.99 fleece for my dog's blanket. he kinda "stole" my really soft robe so I figured I needed to bribe him to give it back LOL. He was perfectly fine with it last night.

Yeah, ok.....he's spoiled LOL
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

I didn't get the e-mail and need batting DESPERATELY!!! Is anyone willing to send it to me? rolley2001 at yahoo dot com. THANKS!!!

Blog Entries
    I noticed they took down the 60% off coupon from their website. I sent them an email asking why it was off the site, as my sister was looking for the coupon. Should have printed it the other day when I posted on this thread earlier. I thought the coupon expired today-Aug 31.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast