Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JoAnn's was EMPTY this morning!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by majormom View Post
    I went into Joanns yesterday for the first time in a very long time.....and to my extreme surprise the whole store had been done over! Everything was in a different place, but I didn't care, I'd find it, and it would be easy, the aisles were wider and not cluttered with all kinds of stuff as it had always been before, the displays were very nice and easy to see what you wanted, and at the cutting table you pulled a number and when they came to your number, they announced it over an intercom and your number showed all lit up on a box hanging from the ceiling. NO more lines of women jockeying for a better place in line. No line at all!...when you hear your number you go to the cutting table with your fabric to be cut! WONDERFUL. All the salespersons had been replaced...hooray... and everyone was especially helpful and pleasant.....WOW. What a pleasant surprise. I just might start going back to Joanns for things!
    My store is now a superstore too. Trouble is here hardly anyone ever takes a number, so it becomes confusing for those that have been waiting. Personally, the quality of the fabric has gone down, so I rarely shop there for fabric. And I sure don't need any new rulers or pins. So I will just continue my internet shopping, thank you.

I went to that same new Joann in Marketplace Fair last Friday and was VERY disappointed in the amount of quilting fabric it had. I thought it had tons of clothes and craft fabric but was scant on cotton. What did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by EmbQuilt View Post
    I didn't get a 60% off coupon wahhhh ... They just open a new super sized joanns and closed the smaller one by my house and it has been a mad house in there. I miss my small one. Would have preffered driving long distances to get to the big one so as to not deal with the crowds.

I went to Joann's yesterday and did I hit the jackpot! I purchased $115. worth of merchandise and after all the coupons I gave them I ended up paying only $49. I couldn't believe it myself.

I went to Joann's yesterday and purchased $115. worth of merchandise. After all the coupons I used, including the 60% off, I spent only $49. I was amazed!

Didn't have a 60% coupon and don't care... the way they "work" the system and us, I have lost interest in JoAnn's. Our local one has made mistakes (which luckily I caught before walking out the door), told me I couldn't use one of my coupons (even tho' it was a different "scan code") and then wouldn't let me use my VIP card (10% off all). I sure don't feel like a VIP anymore... of course that changes with whomever is on the register... I might try some other JoAnns, but the one nearest to Amherst Ohio is for the birds.

Calm before the storm!

I was in Joann's yesterday and much to my suprise I discoverd that my small can of KK2000 temp adhesive had jumped from 11.99 to 14.99 since I bought it last (about three or four months).
    I'll be searching for a new source and make sure I don't run out when I need it. Thank goodness I had a rare 60% off coupon...really wish we didn't have to play the coupon game.

Our Joann is often "empty" right before and right after a huge sale. I won't be there for Black Friday on a bet. I did that sale once a few years ago and it was insane - never again, I don't care if they're giving stuff away.

I love going in on Tuesdays after a big sale. Hardly any waits for fabric cutting or checkout, no shopping carts in the aisles to navigate around, no grouchy people yelling at poor sales clerks. Peace and quiet, yes!

Couldn't agree with you more!! I once waited for over an hour to have fabric cut & then saw the line for the registers was completely to the back of the store. I told an associate that my dogs were in the car and unless I could check out more quickly than that, I would have to leave. She said "Oh, the line is moving really fast!" Yep, had to leave my stuff. I felt bad, but I think a 2-hr. wait to get what you want is too much under any circumstances!
    Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
    Our Joann is often "empty" right before and right after a huge sale. I won't be there for Black Friday on a bet. I did that sale once a few years ago and it was insane - never again, I don't care if they're giving stuff away.

I love going in on Tuesdays after a big sale. Hardly any waits for fabric cutting or checkout, no shopping carts in the aisles to navigate around, no grouchy people yelling at poor sales clerks. Peace and quiet, yes!
    Life has given me so much more than scraps, but I make quilts anyway!
    http://www.wickedcool.etsy.com

Perhaps the economy or perhaps folks are spending money traveling for Thanksgiving or for that big dinner on Thursday is making it less crowded at Joanns this week.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

oh, going to have to get that 60%, need backing fabric for 3 quilts. don't think I can handle black Friday though.
    Kate

I have seen an empty store only once. It was scarry.
    Life is Great and then I have to go to WORK.
    Jarenie

Shopping for fabric yesterday in Hancock/JoAnns (not a LQS) and noticed fabric prices still going higher and higher, even for fabric that wasn't great quality. People were looking mostly at sale stuff.

I have never gotten a 60% off I would love it Thats when I would buy my bolts of muslin and rolls of quilt batting

JoAnn's has seemed empty to me until I get to the cutting counter or the checkout, lol! You can get coupons in your newspaper, by subscribing to their email or text alerts. I get great coupons! The thing is, they are for "reg priced" merchandise, so usually worthless. The ones I get in the mail are usually for a sale in two weeks, so I get all excited to go get a good deal and it isn't valid yet. I find that out when I dig them out at the check-out.

It is worthwhile to subscribe though, because lately they have been sending coupons worth 25% off purchase whether it is on sale or not.
    :-)
    CAS

Mine wasn't empty, but it was Sunday and the coupon was for Sat and Sunday, so I figured I just missed the rush on Sat. My coupon came via email and I wondered how many get email coupons vs printed flyers.
    pat design

Quote Originally Posted by cpfrog View Post
    Didn't have a 60% coupon and don't care... the way they "work" the system and us, I have lost interest in JoAnn's. Our local one has made mistakes (which luckily I caught before walking out the door), told me I couldn't use one of my coupons (even tho' it was a different "scan code") and then wouldn't let me use my VIP card (10% off all). I sure don't feel like a VIP anymore... of course that changes with whomever is on the register... I might try some other JoAnns, but the one nearest to Amherst Ohio is for the birds.
    I totally agree. The JoAnns i shop had a total employee replacement. Since they done that its not fun to shop in there any more. They are not consistent. They argue with customers and knit pick how you use your coupons. I used my 60% coupon on batting yesterday. But thats all i bought they acted like i was bothering them by asking a question. They were more interested in training new employees than waiting on customers. Wish there was another on close.
    Always lead they will follow.

Pamela

It really does depend on who is at the check-out. I was able to use my VIP on top of all purchases with one, the other didn't want to hear about it. Would not even attempt it. I asked her to find someone else more knowledgeable and she did and I got the extra 10%. I think she wanted to help, but didn't know how to enter it. Computers kind of take over the whole scenario. Same thing at Vitamin World. I had to coach them through --- enter the product first, the 40% off next, then the other coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepamela View Post
    I totally agree. The JoAnns i shop had a total employee replacement. Since they done that its not fun to shop in there any more. They are not consistent. They argue with customers and knit pick how you use your coupons. I used my 60% coupon on batting yesterday. But thats all i bought they acted like i was bothering them by asking a question. They were more interested in training new employees than waiting on customers. Wish there was another on close.
    :-)
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by cinnya View Post
    I think they are saving their pennies for the black friday sale.
    "Ditto" but I used the TWO 60% off coupons anyway, especially for the batting.... I don't EVER recall any 60% off coupons. REMEMBER, JAF is being run by a hedge fund group form Wall Street !!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    I got my 60% off coupon on the online JoAnn's site. They every now and then send coupons that are not in the flyer that comes in the mail.
    Bonnie

Blog Entries
    I got in enough hot water about a week ago when I went to Joann's. For the first time ever I found lots of fabric on the red dot shelves and they were %50 off red dot!!! I ended up with about $300 worth. But the first time I was in there the cutting lady made a mistake. She missed a decimal and I got charged for 267 yrds of fabric. I almost dropped my teeth at the checkout!!!I got a lot of nice fabric tho.

Blog Entries
    I went to Joann's on Saturday afternoon with two 60% off coupons as well as the coupons if you spend a lot. I also had a few 50% off ones. The only issue I had was that almost everything that I was interested in was on sale. The Keepsake Calicos were not on sale but much was $2 off per yard. I wanted to get the biggest savings for my discount coupon so I used with my limited funds I used one coupon on 8 yds of batik. My discount amounted to over $61! I also picked up backing for another quilt and saved $40. When I got to the check out line there was a young woman in front of me who was purchasing $80 worth of felt to make capes for a birthday party. She did not have a coupon and it was not on sale. Since I had spent my money I passed my coupons on to her. She was so happy she started to cry. It sure made me feel good. All in all, a good day at Joann's.
    Want to make new friends?
    Become a quilter!

I went to my Joanne's this am to buy some rotary blades buy one and get another free so I went and to my surprise they had raised the price to 34.99 for a set of 5 and since I had bought some last weeks at WalMart for a set of 5 $15.97 so I could have bought two sets there for less than Joanne's was selling them. They have raised their prices down here so much lately I don't know if it's because of the snowbirds but I know I walked out and bought nothing I go often enough to know what their prices are and it just hit me the wrong way. Sue

I don't want to wish Joanne's a bad year holiday season but I hope it's not very busy on the day I go. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

JoAnn coupons are on the internet and through the mail if you sign up for them. If you have a coupon and find that what you want is already on sale, JoAnn's didn't plan it so you couldn't use your coupon. Long lines at the cutting tables and checkout occur because a lot of people shop at the same time, and want to take advantage of the sales like everyone else. Taking a "ticket" for the cutting table gives each customer a place in line for cutting, and helps the employees to know "who is next." When you enter the store, take a ticket for cutting right away and you may not have to wait so long. If you have issues with the store procedures, or an emplyee, or coupons, talk to the store manager or contact the corporate office. As for "black Friday", remember the employees are in the middle of that crowd, too, and doing their best to help everyone. I, personally, thank you for shopping at JoAnn's. Wish you all could shop at my store - you would have a good shopping experience. Happy Thanksgiving, and happy quilting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast