Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joanns gift card

Joanns gift card

Do any of you know if you are allowed to use it on the sewing machine department merchandise. I know you can't use the coupons but wasn't sure about the gift cards
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

That is a good question. I bet you could call the store and find out. Nice you got a gift card tho.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I don't think you can because that is different company. Like Viking
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

If you are buying from Joanns online you can but you can only use 1 gift card/purchase. At least that's what my friend found last year when she tried to buy one.

I don't believe you can use it in a Sewing Machine Dept. (Viking)...but if the store doesn't have a sewing machine dept....but just sells machines...you can buy a machine.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Quote Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
    If you are buying from Joanns online you can but you can only use 1 gift card/purchase. At least that's what my friend found last year when she tried to buy one.
    My friend also found this out, the hard way. Her children each got her a gift card from JoAnn's so she could buy a sewing machine with them. And she couldn't, because she could only use one gift card on the purchase. At every store that I know of, gift cards are like cash, but apparently not at JoAnn's.

They must have changed their policy in the last few years! I bought my Brother from them and used a gift card.No problem!

With my friend, I think she would have been OK if she bought the machine at the store. She could have used multiple cards(if have used mult. cards to use up small amounts left on them)She was trying to buy online and have it shipped to her DD out of state. ordering online you can only use 1 at a time.

I emailed them but they haven't gotten back, I was just thinking you could since it is the same as cash. I don't know how you pay for the merchandise at the store
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

A gift card is considered cash in most stores.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    Do any of you know if you are allowed to use it on the sewing machine department merchandise. I know you can't use the coupons but wasn't sure about the gift cards
    My Joanns store has a Husqvarna Viking Sewing Gallery. It is run as a totally separate entity from the Joann store. Viking leases the space from Joann. Works out well both ways because the store brings customers to the sewing gallery, and the sewing gallery sends their customers to the fabric departments. So, No, you can't use the Joann gift card at the sewing machine dept in my store.

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    The sewing machine company within most Joann's is Viking. They are a separate company and do not use the coupons for Joann's. Joann's does sell a few machines that come boxed up that have nothing to do with the Viking company. You can us the gift cards towards the price of those. At least that is the way I found it to work here in SE Mi. Love gift cards!

OMG, I cannot tell you how angry I would be if my DH went in and purchased a large gift card for me thinking I would get to go in and pick out a sewing machine and then not be able to use it. I certainly hope that when someone is buying a GC that they are told it can't be used in that department! I understand that it is a separate business but it needs to be clear to the sometimes clueless person that would be buying the GC!

I believe gift cards are accepted the same as cash

Blog Entries
    my experience with joanne's (very limited) is that it all depends on who is checking you out, sad but true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    my experience with joanne's (very limited) is that it all depends on who is checking you out, sad but true.
    True Dat!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    My friends dh wanted to purchase her a new sewing machine from Joann's last year and he had to get the gift certificate directly from the sewing machine dept. They are a different company who leases the space from Joann's and is not actually part of their company.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Blog Entries
    it's cash. I have never heard of not being able to use the gifts cards.

I was told one time that I could not use a coupon with a gift card. I was so angry I could have spit nails because anyone with any brains cells would know that's not right. Gift cards are supposed to be just like cash. I think it does depend on the clerk. I never knew the sewing department was run by another company. That's crazy to not accept a card in the store with the same name. If they want to rent space from JoAnn's, they should accept their cards.

Blog Entries
    Our said you use it same as cash in everything in store

Blog Entries
    My daughter and I ran into Joann's last Thurs...we found several things on sale 70% off...was standing in line..and there was a lot of Christmas ribbon on a shelf there 70% off...we were looking and picking out ribbon...no one was behind us in line...they had two checkers...one guy and one woman...she finished up with the one in front of us and we were still selecting ribbon..and she hollered very loud and in a very nasty tone...would you please step to the counter to check out so I can go to lunch!!! I was shocked at her attitude...we continued to finish selecting our ribbon and politely passed her register up and went to the guy...to check us out...he was super nice and I hope she got to go to LUNCH!!! I wanted to report her to the manager, but I was in a Christmas mood and didn't want to get ugly...but that was ridiculous...to say the least...

our joanns and the sewing center are not associated except for the fact they are in the same building. cannot use coupons for joanns for items in the sewing center. Our local Target has a Starbucks inside it and they do not accept
    Target giftcards...sort of the same situation.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I finally had to ask my son and DIL not to get me JoAnn's gift cards. I had one that I didn't need to use in there so asked for the cash back cause there was something in a LQS I wanted. No way would they give me the money so I just went and got a bunch of stuff I really didn't need! I over did it and had to have them subtract things before the cost met the card total. I didn't feel bad that they had to do that. It would have been so simple to give me the money!

I used to give people gift cards but now just give them cash. I'm tired of the rules for the cards.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

I don't think the sewing machine sales area is actually part of JoAnn's. I think they somehow lease space, but tag onto JoAnn ads sometimes.

In California gift cards are the same as cash - they do not lose value over time. If you pay the full value of the card, it is good for that amount. If someone at Joanne's said it cannot be used the same as cash I would ask them to cash out the card and use the cash to buy the machine. The Joann's in my area does not have a separate sewing machine section, so if you buy one from their display you take it to the same check out stand. If their sewing machine area is owned by someone else, then that may be different.

Our JC Penney's store has a separate department for Sephora and when you purchase from them you pay Sephora, not JCP - so if they rent space from Joann's they would not be held to the same standard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast