Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often? >

Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often?

Joanns was sold now I'm getting 50% coupons more often?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 PM

I have used the 50% coupons also - watch it though - if you use a 50% and a 40% on same ticket the 40% will come off the higher priced item not the 50%. I try to watch so that if it happens I can have them correct it right away!!!

I bought a magnetic pin holder , pressing cloth, and a thingy to set my iron on. This time the notions wall wasnt on sale~ opps they must have missed it by mistake.lol I also bought some fat quarter blender bundles. The girl messed up ticket on those and rang it up wrong - she rang them up for the discount instead of price less discount!!! I feel guilty keeping these so I will PIF~ have them all ready to go. That way I dont feel bad!!

I think they do that so you will look high and low to find something to use your coupon on lol worked on me lol I was in there several times and kept finding stuff I wanted and of course had to buy fabric too. I am staying away from this sale! lol cheryl :thumbup: :D
Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 AM

Depending on ur cell phone there is an
"app" for Joanne's and u can get ur coupons
on the app (paperless coupon) and they will
Scan the coupon on ur phone ...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:08 AM

I've registered 3 times in the past year and still have not received an on line coupon. LOL
Old 03-16-2011, 05:53 AM

I work at JoAnns, and if you're not getting fliers after signing up several times---have the casher mark the card to MANUALLY input it. This will flag your card and make sure it supposedly doesn't get lost in the shuffle! Good Luck!

Mary Lou
Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 AM

Its the economy for sure, as to save money we cut back on the fabric & supplies we buy. I use Hobby Lobbys 40% coupon for batting as the cotton batting is priced less. They will also use the 40% on something that is only 30% off. I find their fabric is better quality too. Loved it when they had bins of markdowns but they stopped that.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
Originally Posted by wolfkitty
I need to get out more. Who bought Joann's?
I remember reading about it but the name is escaping me. It's a holding company that owns some high end stores. Joann's seemed to be a step down for them.
Lenord Green bought out Joann's for 1.6 billion, seems he's on a roll and he has bought several other business's as well.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:26 AM

wooohoo I got a 25% off total purchase yesterday in the mail!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 AM

With the nearest Joann's at 40 miles and the price of gas for my truck.....I'm careful to order online for sales and free shipping. I also try to combine all my traveling so I make one trip. Plan trips with other quilters and we share the costs.
Gave up fast food for Lent and that helps to offset the gas prices too.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 AM

If you are not getting fliers in the mail--check with your local mail carrier. I stopped receiving mine all of a sudden and when I asked at my local JoAnn's I was told the fliers are considered "junk" mail and can be disposed of at the mail carriers discretion. I marched myself over to the post office and complained and they put a note on my mail carriers desk that the fliers were not "JUNK" mail. I haven't had a problem since. Just in case, though, I signed up with my married name and my work address--so now I get one at home (to my maiden name) and at work. Also, if you are a teacher, sign up for their teacher discount card. You can use it WITH sale items. If the fabric you want is on sale you can still use the discount card in addition to the sale price. Sometimes I wait until things are on sale to buy them because it would be more than 40% off combining the sale and discount card.
I know most of the associates at Joann's by name and always have great service. Unlike my LQS where I'm not in the right "group" to be given even the time of day...
Rose Hall
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM

A friend of mine and I signed up to receive flyers from JoAnns and their coupons at the same time. She started getting them right away, and 3 months later, I still haven't received any. I can't figure this out.