Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's >

Joann's

Joann's

Old 02-01-2010, 06:58 AM

I was at Joanns yesterday and they got some if the new FQs in and they are now $1.99. They used to be $1.49.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 AM

I was at mine on Sat. They have some in the holders, but not more than 20. Yes, the price is up to $1.99 I hope the quality is better in the new ones...
Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM

I was in jo-anns the other day and noticed their stock of fq's were about 2/3rds down was wondering whats going on. Had to by yardage.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by butterflywing
btw, i was looking for brown kona yesterday on sale, and there is definitely a difference in quality. it has a much looser weave and when you hold it up you can see right through it. my nearest lqs is a distance away, but their kona is a much better quality with more weight and tighter weave. another example of a good brand making some of their fabric to joann's specifications to meet a price point. that's why joann's can sell it for $3.99 with coupon.
Do you mean you're finding a difference in the quality of the Kona that JoAnn carries, versus what's in the LQSs?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
btw, i was looking for brown kona yesterday on sale, and there is definitely a difference in quality. it has a much looser weave and when you hold it up you can see right through it. my nearest lqs is a distance away, but their kona is a much better quality with more weight and tighter weave. another example of a good brand making some of their fabric to joann's specifications to meet a price point. that's why joann's can sell it for $3.99 with coupon.
Do you mean you're finding a difference in the quality of the Kona that JoAnn carries, versus what's in the LQSs?
Thats the fabric i was going to get, but didn't the way it looked or the fact that feel felt cheap! I was disappointed cause I had read nothing but great ratings about the fabric from Joann's website.

I have an interview with them tomorrow!!! Hope I get the job! First interview in three years!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:11 PM

Good luck Alu!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Now that you mention it I didn't see any when I was in the other day.

Kyia
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Now that you mention it I didn't see any when I was in the other day.

Kyia
I see you live in Williamsport, I live in Muncy! We will have to get together sometime!

As for the FQ at Joanns, I was in there on Saturday, and just happened to mention it to the manager. She said they are in the back just waiting to be restocked. I mentioned that the stickers were impossible to get off sometimes. She said they don't put them on, they come from the suppliers that way, and that maybe the new supplier would use something that would come off easier. She did mention also that the FQ's were going to be slightly more expensive.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
no question about it. the kona it joann's is not as good. just like the debbie mumm. they used to carry a better quality of that also. now the kona and the mumm are bad.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 PM

good luck on your interview!