Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Judy Niemeyer Quilts >

Judy Niemeyer Quilts

Judy Niemeyer Quilts

Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 AM

I have just finished piecing Cactus Rose. Niemeyer patterns are hard, but I've made 4 and really like them. It's true there are mistakes and for me the patterns could be more systematic. On this one, it wasn't clear to me that the border fabrics should match up with those in the body. I guess I like a challenge.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by Madam Trujillo; 07-03-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
Thank you. Briar Patch is the one my youngest wants me to make. PP is addicting and time consuming in the beginning but the end results are so worth it. My guild needs to do that so many people are afraid of PP. Would love to see your completed top or quilt when you get it done
OK..here is a photo of the first 3 rows in progress. (and yes, I know that 2 of the quarter circles/"melons" need to be swapped in the middle left. [ATTACH=CONFIG]422345[/ATTACH]
I have the other 2 rows mostly pieced...need to remove the paper and put the "melons" on. Then, I'll decide what the setting squares and side triangles will be. The color gradation does continue into the blues and purples. Darker than shown on the pattern front, but it's nice.
My first Judy N. pattern. And, having looked at a friend's pattern for a later JN quilt, I can see that she seems to break down the steps more in later patterns... or else it just appeared that way. Granted, this pattern probably has a lot fewer pieces than many of the others.
Attached Thumbnails imag1220.jpg  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Madam Trujillo View Post
I have just finished piecing Cactus Rose. Niemeyer patterns are hard, but I've made 4 and really like them. It's true there are mistakes and for me the patterns could be more systematic. On this one, it wasn't clear to me that the border fabrics should match up with those in the body. I guess I like a challenge.
I don't know...several in the galllery on the Quiltworx site don't have the borders matching. I like the depth you have given it! Very pretty!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:08 AM

Thanks for posting your pictures of Cactus Rose and Briar Patch they are gorgeous !!!!