Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For Juki Owners- a valuable resource! >

For Juki Owners- a valuable resource!

For Juki Owners- a valuable resource!

Old 05-26-2023, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

Ok, all the raves about the Juki Tl 2010 got me thinking. I sent back the Juki TL2000 yesterday and replaced it with the TL2010. I only buy my sewing machines from Amazon because of the return policy. The shops will not do returns, only fix what is wrong and then you have a fixed new machine. I had to pay for return shipping since nothing was wrong with this one and that was fine with me. But the shipping was put as a credit on my account after it was scanned. That was a surprise. And of course got free shipping on the new one.

Last edited by Onebyone; 05-26-2023 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Isn't the Q the same as the QI except that it has speed control and the QI doesn't? I could be wrong though.
Either way you're getting a great machine and it sounds like you got the shipping back. That's great!
Old 05-27-2023, 06:03 AM

Western Wilson
so far I love the machine. It is fast and smooth. Sounds good when running. The thread cutter cuts off fast! (Mr other machine when it cuts thread it sounds like it going through a 5 step process!). The threader is a very small learning curve.
I went in for the model one down but they showed me this one with the float foot knob. It has been sewing through many layers. Granted all I am doing now is using some precut flannel and making a rag quilt. (Trying to clean up old stuff!) but it is going through 5 layers with no issues whatsoever!

And the Juki junkies site will be invaluable!
Old 05-27-2023, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

I use to have a Brother 1500. The sewing feet fit the Juki. The Juki/Brother/BabyLock dealer said the are interchangeable for high shank machines.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

Juki Junkies is having a sale this weekend. Of course I ordered some stuff last week!
They shipped super fast.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Juki Junkies is having a sale this weekend. Of course I ordered some stuff last week!

Ha. I went to the website but didn't see a sale. I'll check again tomorrow or Monday.
Old 05-27-2023, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post

Ha. I went to the website but didn't see a sale. I'll check again tomorrow or Monday.
I got an email announcing it. The code is summer15
Have fun!
Old 05-28-2023, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

I ordered the thread cutter stopper for the foot pedal and cones of Cairo thread. The Cairo thread is cheaper there at regular price elsewhere. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I got an email announcing it. The code is summer15
Have fun!
Wow!
I have a Juki industrial machine, so I went to JukiJunkies to browse the sale, and I gotta admit...I was a bit stunned at those prices!
Juki Junkies zipper foot for my machine is $69.99 (you have to buy the left and right sides separately, so that's $140)
https://jukijunkies.com/product-cate...juki-du-1181n/

the place I usually shop at is sewing gold. There, the price (not on sale) is $20 each side (so $40 total for both left & right sides)
https://sewinggold.com/category/acce.../presser-feet/

GoldStarTool.com is even less....just haven't found them for my machine.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 05-28-2023, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by 1CharmShort View Post
Wow!
I have a Juki industrial machine, so I went to JukiJunkies to browse the sale, and I gotta admit...I was a bit stunned at those prices!
Juki Junkies zipper foot for my machine is $69.99 (you have to buy the left and right sides separately, so that's $140)
https://jukijunkies.com/product-cate...juki-du-1181n/

the place I usually shop at is sewing gold. There, the price (not on sale) is $20 each side (so $40 total for both left & right sides)
https://sewinggold.com/category/acce.../presser-feet/

GoldStarTool.com is even less....just haven't found them for my machine.

Maybe I'm missing something?
I don't really know. The site is new to me. I bought a lot of Glide thread at very good prices. ( I checked around)
Those feet you mentioned are generic- could that be why they're cheaper? But hey, if they work that's all that matters.
Their Youtube channel is very informative. I've learned a lot in just a few days and I've had my Juki about 7 years.