Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: june tailor shape cut arrived today

After all the positive responses I got when I sked if the June Tailor shape cut was any good....I ordered the Shape Plus....and it has just arrived in the post.....Guess what I'm doing today....Stripping !

:thumbup: My favorite cutting tool!

OK...I have this about an hour and it is simply amazing....why oh why did I not know about them before ???
    Am doing a Tennessee Waltz quilt so lots of precise measurements needed.
    The other night I cut my 2" strips for the 4 block and whilst they were OK they needed a little trimming....took me the best part of a couple of hours to get them accurate and sewn
    I have just done exactly the same amount in less than half that time...no trimming...each one perfect.
    June Taylor ...you are wonderful !!!

Blog Entries
    Don't ya love it? I DO! Love love love love love it!

It was part of my equipment before I made my first quilt, and I honestly thought (until joining this board) that it was one of those things that everyone had, like a pair of scissors.
    Good for you for getting one and enjoying it!

they're great!
    dar

I'm so glad to hear your positive comments, I just bought one. I'm doing the Farmers Wife Sampler quilt and I have to start cutting my sashing--about a zillion 1 1/2" by 6 1/2" strips. I have so many "gadgets" that I was afraid this was going to be one more to add to the "bought it, tried it, hated it" box. Now I'm anxious to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    I'm so glad to hear your positive comments, I just bought one. I'm doing the Farmers Wife Sampler quilt and I have to start cutting my sashing--about a zillion 1 1/2" by 6 1/2" strips. I have so many "gadgets" that I was afraid this was going to be one more to add to the "bought it, tried it, hated it" box. Now I'm anxious to get started.
    You'll love it....if I'm not careful my stash will all become 21/2 strips !

Banned
    One of my favorite quilting tools

Blog Entries
    I recently got one and love it. I've been doing a scrap quilt using 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 pieces. I noticed a real difference in the accuracy of the cutting, ease of sewing and matching seams, and less trimming to square the blocks on the ones I cut with the Shape Cut. Plus it's much quicker. I too wish I'd got mine a lot sooner.

I read the responses to your question about shape cut.
    Got one, used it, love it. Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's a great square up ruler for bigger blocks. I plan on buying the largest size at Paducah at the quilt show. E Burns has the best prices on the Shape Cut ruler at her tent sale and I have a coupon to use there. I hope this year she still has them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    It's a great square up ruler for bigger blocks. I plan on buying the largest size at Paducah at the quilt show. E Burns has the best prices on the Shape Cut ruler at her tent sale and I have a coupon to use there. I hope this year she still has them!
    Does the largest size cut every 1/2 inch or is it just for 2-1/2 inch strips? I'd like to get one that will cut the folded width of the fabric (22 inches) but not the one that's just for jelly roll size strips.

Blog Entries
    Every 1/2" inch. It's much bigger then the one I have know which will cut a 12" square.

Blog Entries
    Every 1/2" inch. It's much bigger then the one I have know which will cut a 12" square.
    And what's it called? I can't find one locally and might have to resort to ordering online. But I don't want to get the wrong one. I keep reading the descriptions but can't figure out for sure which is the one I want. Shape Cut Pro? Shape Cut Plus? So many shape cuts! It's confusing. :)

Is there a video on this item? I have no idea what it is, however, it sounds like a great time saver.

Thanks
    Carol

do de do de do... I went and checked it out on Joann's site

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...RODID=prd17893

I was thinking some big complicated machine... ummm that wasn't the case ... (chuckling to myself)

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    And what's it called? I can't find one locally and might have to resort to ordering online. But I don't want to get the wrong one. I keep reading the descriptions but can't figure out for sure which is the one I want. Shape Cut Pro? Shape Cut Plus? So many shape cuts! It's confusing. :)
    Hi...the one I have is the Shape Cut Plus ...it has slots cut every 1/2" and measures 18"x12". I have attached a couple of pictures ...the first shows it against my cutting mat for idea of size and the other shows the code number.
    I don't know how it differs from the Shape Cut Pro but when I ordered mine...I was told this was the most popular....anyway I love it !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi...the one I have is the Shape Cut Plus ...it has slots cut every 1/2" and measures 18"x12". I have attached a couple of pictures ...the first shows it against my cutting mat for idea of size and the other shows the code number.
    I don't know how it differs from the Shape Cut Pro but when I ordered mine...I was told this was the most popular....anyway I love it !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    After reading your message and watched the video Guess what???? I just bought one from eBay :) thank you for sharing have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Little RoO
    After all the positive responses I got when I sked if the June Tailor shape cut was any good....I ordered the Shape Plus....and it has just arrived in the post.....Guess what I'm doing today....Stripping !

Just went and ordered mine from Jo Anns 50% off plus found a 15% off coupon on sale and regular priced items and it worked saved another $11.30. I ordered a couple other things too. :) THanks everyone!!!

Thanks for the information. Putting it on my wish list.

Blog Entries
    Does the largest size cut every 1/2 inch or is it just for 2-1/2 inch strips? I'd like to get one that will cut the folded width of the fabric (22 inches) but not the one that's just for jelly roll size strips.

The one that cuts the jelly roll size strips is the same one that cuts folded fabric. It can also be used for cutting charm and layer cake squares. The largest one cuts the width of fabric every 2 1/2" , but I have used it to cust 3" and 3 1/2" strips as well. Each ruler can be used mutiple ways.

I have one that cuts 2.5 strips but I haven't tried it yet.

I just discovered that I have one I bought last year to make a short-cut basket square, but have never gotten around to using it - looks like it is time to get it out. I didn't even realize what I had till I read this post! LOL!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast