Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: June Tailor Shape Cut

Use the large ruler. Love it.

I have worn out 2 Shape Cuts, just bought a new one last week! I love using mine!

There is different types i also found out!! So read it before you buy it..... Theres 1/8th. 1/4's and 2 1/2 increment PER mat. I bought the 1/4 since it seams to be the avg, size. Joanns has them 50% off thru Mon Labor Day!![/quote]

Wow...I have a coupon for 20% off regular or sale items. Guess I'd better get dressed!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    I use mine all of the time...I can't imagine not having it!
    me too
    I was going to buy one recently only to discover I had one, still wrapped in plastic from several years back.
    Needed it, opened it and have not stopped using.

I am used to a regular 6" wide 24" long ruler. It appears that on the video you have to fold the width of the fabric smaller than the regular fold-in-half, the way it comes from the quilt shop. Is that correct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    I have one. Once I started using it I was in love with it. Now I want the bigger one.
    You will use it more than you think. Good investment. Go for it!
    Me, too, but I don't want a BIGGER one, I want a SMALLER one! It's sometimes awkward to cut small pieces with the 12". 6" -8" would be really handy!

I use it all the time!!! Essential tool!!!!

Thanks for the reminder, I just ran out and purchased the 1/4, I'm so glad I went and got it at 50% off plus the 10% I got it for 12.99.............Michele

np3
    Blog Entries
    Word of warning.....

If you don't hold the rotary cutter perfectly straight, you will not have perfect cuts the way the video shows, especially if you go that fast. I had a slight tilt of my hand and the cuts were off.

Blog Entries
    I have the smaller one. I would not be tempted to cut without it. It changed my entire outlook on quilting and opened a door of freedome and excitement for me. I do not dread cutting my strips, squares, and squaring off anymore. No, I couldn't do without mine.

Blog Entries
    Mine has the 1/4" marking on it too. If yours doesn't, just draw with a permanent marker or tape a mark 1/4" to the left of the "0" slit.

I saw a large Shape Cut at my LQS today and it was $36. Is that a typical price for it?

Blog Entries
    If you have a Hobby Lobby go online and get there 40% off then you can purchase the large one for about $16.00 dollars.

$16.99 sounds ever so much better than $36!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    I saw a large Shape Cut at my LQS today and it was $36. Is that a typical price for it?
    Yep that's around the price. Some places online I found slightly less, but ot mine from Joann's online with 40% off and there was also free shipping at the time I got it, so it was cheaper over all. They didn't have the large one at the brick and mortar store.

I use it all the time!!!!

Hi Michele, I'm taking total credit for the idea, and for your savings!

Quote Originally Posted by emt2004
    Thanks for the reminder, I just ran out and purchased the 1/4, I'm so glad I went and got it at 50% off plus the 10% I got it for 12.99.............Michele
    :lol: :lol:

Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.

I think it works really well. It makes it faster to cut stripes

OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.

OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.

When I use mine I cannot keep the cuts straight, the fabric or template seems to slide. Help!

You are right. Their notions are on sale frequently.

They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.

Oh Dear! Do others have that problem with it sliding?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinster
    When I use mine I cannot keep the cuts straight, the fabric or template seems to slide. Help!

Which Shape Cut is the best all purpose, and best one to start with?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast