Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just a little moan>>sniffs:) >

Just a little moan>>sniffs:)

Just a little moan>>sniffs:)

Old 01-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by daisylil
I feel soo much better now ,,A rant allways feels better :) I would like to thank you for your kindness ,O f course with the stash thingy I would be willing to pay by paypal upfront when the postage is worked out :) And sadly we dont have thrift shops , but do have charity shops , but they never get sewing stuff much ,,,,,anyway ,Ive had a choc eclair and feel revived ,,,,,,,,,,thanks again all :)
I'd be more than happy to let you use my address, then send it over to you!! Just holler!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM

It mightn't help, but Ireland is even worse. I have to order a lot of things from England! I agree that America is the Mecca for quilting, LOL.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM

A chocolate eclair would make me feel better too!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 AM

I live in UK and i have bought from forum members. I have always found that even with postage costs most things work out cheaper. I also buy online from US, have just had an order for 6yds and with postage it came to £23, which is less than £4 a yard for good quality fabric
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

I live in the UK and sadly not in an area with any good fabric shops ,,,,,Im not gonna moan bout no yard sales or the great sale offers we dont get ...or the stashes on sale on this board that dont apply nto the UK ..(bigger sniff)ohhh I feel soooo much better now :)
I get most of my fabric at the Festival of Quilts held in the NEC in Birmingham in August. Usually on mid August but I think it is early this year. Festival runs for 4 days from Thursday to Sunday.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Thanks again , im gonna bite the bullet (so to speak) and order a little online to see how it goes ,Thanks again for your kindness :)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:59 AM

daisylil...

Contact www.ConnectingThreads.com and ask for a catalog. Their prices are reasonable, fantastic selection, and their phone people are very helpful.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:24 PM

I live in the UK and sadly not in an area with any good fabric shops ,,,,,Im not gonna moan bout no yard sales or the great sale offers we dont get ...or the stashes on sale on this board that dont apply nto the UK ..(bigger sniff)ohhh I feel soooo much better now :)
Moan away I live in Uk too and know just what it is like, Cotton Patch .co.uk is very good, best of all is that I have ordered from USA and had a fabulous result, even with shipping I still saved a lot of money, I was lucky and didn't have to pay anything over here, pm me if you want to know more.