Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just wanted to say a BIG thank you!!

Your weight loss quilt sounds like a good idea. What diet are you following. I would like to lose 75 pounds, but definitely do not seem to be having much luck on traditional diet plans, ie., weight watchers. I have hypothyroidism and need to have a diet plan that will keep me motivated, not depressed all the time. I mean, counting points is great, however, it is depressing if you get on the scalre at the end of the week, and only see a 1/4 lb. loss. very discouraging., anyone have any ideas?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    There are several of us doing the weight loss challenge and each one does what works for them. We don't call it dieting but a change of behavior and life and we give each other encouragement. I lost the first 20 by cutting out all the sugar. That was tough but I got thru it. The last 9 have been thru cutting back the amount I eat at each meal and exercise that I enjoy. I still eat the foods I like just don't make a pig of myself. I don't snack during the day but I have a snack in the evenings. I wake up with stomach cramps if I don't eat something before bed time. You just need to experiment until you find something that works for you.

Wow, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!! 29 lbs is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you can keep going!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Carrie, I wish I had some for you. You are my lovable little buddy! (and mother of littleman)
    HUGS!!!
    I love that idea- good for you!!!!!!!!
    I'm not little yet, LOL. Slowly trying to make my way there tho.
    Slowly is the only "weigh" to go! I am a dietitian and if you ever need any counseling or questions answered you can pm me. I had 65 lbs to lose and was able to do 35 of it a year ago; with 20 of it being permanent. Now working on the other 45. It helps to not get unlimited free food at work anymore which is what put on the 65 lbs in the first place. And, like you, I will not be anywhere near skinny when I am at my goal; I will however be very healthy.

Blog Entries
    I applaud each and everyone of you. My DH and I lost 35 lbs. 6 yrs ago ( a mere fraction of what you want to lose) on the Adkins diet plan. DH has kept his off, lowered his cholesterol & B/P. I didn't keep 15 lbs. of the 35 off ( gaining it back slowly) but have managed to lose 10 of them this Summer. Still have that last 5 to lose & would like to take an extra 5 more off- just to give me growing room. LOL

Blog Entries
    I'd like to add that my cholesterol levels did not change after losing the 35; they have always been high and because of elevated liver function tests for years I couldn't take any statin drugs. The liver function tests are now in the normal range & I am on Crestor which has brought the cholesterol levels down to normal in just one month.

Good luck Carrie, so glad you are taking care of your needs and having some fun doing it. The blocks for each pound is a great idea. When did you request blocks? Must have missed that post. Try to read all of them. Continue the good luck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inletjerry
    Good luck Carrie, so glad you are taking care of your needs and having some fun doing it. The blocks for each pound is a great idea. When did you request blocks? Must have missed that post. Try to read all of them. Continue the good luck
    I made the request a couple of days ago. I had to close the request because there was a huge response. It was very humbling for me.

PJO

Good luck! I greatly admire anyone who puts forth such an effort.

Congradulations Carrie! Sounds like you are doing a great job on your weight. Takes alot of willpower doesn't it? Keep up the good work! I'm rooting for you!

I want to thank all of you that responded to me wanting to trade squares for squares. There was a big response and I maybe able to complete my weight loss quilt with out needing anymore fabric to do it. I have to make 29 blocks now and then 1 for every pound I lose in the future. I am shooting for 100 pounds to be loss so I may make more than 1 quilt. Wouldn't that be nice.

Thank you and HUGS to all of you that helped me out!!!!
    Carrie
    Good for you Carrie! God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Carrie, I wish I had some for you. You are my lovable little buddy! (and mother of littleman)
    HUGS!!!
    I love that idea- good for you!!!!!!!!
    I'm not little yet, LOL. Slowly trying to make my way there tho.
    How did I miss that you needed squares. What size???
    Please we are in this together. PM me with your address and I will see what I have.
    You can do it!!!

God bless you in your endeavor to get healthy! I am waiting for motivation myself.

good luck i do admire you

Blog Entries
    Sorry Carrie, I guess I missed this but, good luck on the weight loss.

Cookie

Carrie, You go girl and what a great way to documnt your weight loss than by a sqaure/pound. We're all here to cheer you on!

Andie :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dee
    Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    You all are so kind to me. I appreciate all the wonderful comments and thank you for cheering me on!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

29 pounds so far if I am reading this right, WHOOO HOOOOO!!! That is a major feat,go pick up 29 pounds worth of dog food at the store and carry it around . You will be amazed and wonder how you carried that weight every day. I too need to loose a hundred pounds,I have lost 70 a few years ago but let it all come back because I chose a fad diet and not a healthy one. Any way TMI lol, I just wanted to congradulate you on 29 lbs, I know it aint easy.

WTG Carrie on the 29 lbs. You GO GIRL!!! I know you will do it!!!
    Just for some inspiration.... I have lost 120 lbs & holding. I went from 14 prescription medications down to 4 which I have to take the rest of my life. AND I am off 7 shots of insulin a day too!
    Giving myself a break .... then going back to my little thing of losing more. I want to lose another 40, but 60 would make me so very happy. I have my one pair of pants that were stretching at the seams to keep me inspired. (Both my legs fit in one leg now!) The only bad thing is.... the "funny fat" that Maria keeps calling my flab; BUT I can live with that!
    Keep it UP!!!!

Good Luck in your adventure of losing weight. What a great idea ... a way to make a quilt. :) Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Good luck Carrie, that is a neat idea. When I lose all that I want to lose I will have lost 107 and boy it sure came on easier than it is going off!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats on your weight loss.....what a great incentive! :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2