Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just watched >

Just watched

Just watched

Old 11-18-2012, 07:15 AM

Default Just watched

I have just watched a tv show for an hour all about quilting. The quilter was Jennifer rayment showing people craft tools and then some quick crafty cutting ideas. Over here in Great Britain it was on our create and craft. This is the second quilt programme over here our first was quilt in a day.for a few years had nothing.
Do you have anything over in USA on the tv programme lists are they full of new ideas and ways to do common patterns?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

The last shows I was able to watch was Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting series and Sewing With Nancy. I haven't been able to get a regular show for a while now. I really watch what I want and when I want on the computer now. There are many good YouTube videos but my favourite is Missouri Star Quilt Co with Jenny Doan. I also like to watch Leah Days Free Motion Quilt Project on machine quilting.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I joined QNNTV
http://www.qnntv.com/browse-shows/
which is about what you would pay for a year's subscription to a magazine. They have all the previous year's Fons & Porter. they also have episodes of Sewing with Nancy, and quilt in a day, along with lots of others, some of which are free. You can do a subscription for a month tor try it out.
I know people complain that they are charging for this site, but these are probably the same folks who watch PBS and never contribute. OK, I'll go away now....
Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 AM

We don't have any sewing, crafting, or quilting on the stations we are getting on our current Direct TV line up. We did have one before we went to a cheaper line up. I haven't been able to find one on our PBS either.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

we don't get any quilting shows on our cable networks in this area either. it wasn't that many years ago when there were several. but there is so much available on the internet that i don't miss the tv shows much now... if they were on, though, i'd watch them.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 AM

I joined Quilters club of America and you also get QNNTV along with it as well as the Quick Quilts Magazine for a year all for the same price you would pay for a years magazine subscription. They also have lots of free patterns. My only problem with it is I do not have enough time to watch even a small part of it all.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 AM

I get Fons & Porter and Quilting Arts. Don't care much for either one. When I first started quilting, I watched Alex Anderson's Simply Quilts, loved it, learned a ton from it.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 AM

If you are not getting any quilting or sewing programs, contact you local stations and request them. Where I live, I get Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting, Quilt in a Day, It's Sew Easy, Sew it All, Sewing with Nancy, and Quilting Arts. A couple of years ago, PBS had a national survey. PBS was shocked to find that people wanted more quilting shows. They're comment was,Who Knew? They learned something! Let your voice be heard!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 AM

It is very interesting to hear how limited quilting on tv is. I do use the computer but the screen is small and I like the larger tv screen. Also next Sunday we have a quilt class showing us how to make 3 blocks and..... Senior moment.
It is definitely an improvement for us.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:07 PM

There is so much on Youtube now. I know that Kaye Wood moved all of her shows over there so they could be available. That is the first place I look any more if I want to learn a new technique.