Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaffe Fassett quilts

Blog Entries

Kaffe Fassett quilts

does Fassett have individual patterns or only books and fabrics?? I must make two modern quilts for my friend's daughter's sons. whew. she sent me a couple of photos with quilts with gray background and essentially strips of different fabrics sewn into rows. she is sending two 'sets' of batiks.
    I can figure things out but would prefer a pattern close to what i must make.

Blog Entries
    no body knows?Me neither.

Kaffe Fassett's quilting books contain the patterns for the quilts in the books. I haven't seen any individual patterns.
    They're not necessarily modern quilts, but they do use his fabrics, so maybe that makes them modern.

Blog Entries
    thanks, that is what i thought. shame on separate patterns though. so far i can't even find a site to see what is inside his books. i would like to know that before purchasing. I liked African Collage. triangles of all sizes made of strips. Interesting.

Ditto what Dunster posted however I have seen several patterns by other designers specifically geared toward using KF fabrics. For example,

http://www.springleafstudios.com/p/patterns.html

https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/pat...n-kaffe/199663

I'm sure there are lots of others - - -
    Jane

Your description sounds a lot like this quilt. You could easily do something like this using KF fabrics.

Jane

I think you could make any quilt have a modern look using his wonderful fabrics. I haven't seen individual patterns either.

Try your library for some of his books.
    Lisa

Here are two of my quilts that I just finished with Kaffe fabrics. First is Zig Zag, Second is Zig Zag Zoom by alwaysquiltingonline.com.

Name:  IMG_4820.jpg
Views: 1497
Size:  1.02 MBName:  IMG_4822.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  1,014.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Two really beautiful quilts. Love his fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    thanks, that is what i thought. shame on separate patterns though. so far i can't even find a site to see what is inside his books. i would like to know that before purchasing. I liked African Collage. triangles of all sizes made of strips. Interesting.
    I love shopping for books on Connecting Threads. Click on the title to take you to the page for that book, then click on the "view more images" tab under the picture of the front cover. This will take you to a page that shows all the patterns in that book!!!! Here's a link to the KF books on sale now... looks like the first one is sold out already.
    https://www.connectingthreads.com/cf....cfm?q=faSSETT
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Check out your local library, it's amazing the books you will find, both hardcover and digital. My library will even try to find the book at another library system other than mine. Libraries are amazing and free.

I know he has books but never seen individual patterns.

Here are some free patterns that might be helpful. The free ones are on the right side....scroll down & you will see a couple made w/Kaffe Fassett fabrics. The African Collage pattern is in his book, Shots & Stripes.

http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...shots-and.html

Blog Entries
    Oh Jclinganrey and Yolajean, your quilts are lovely. I like a bit more of the batik fabrics showing than thin strips which was in the two photos she sent me. I have my BQ pattern somewhere, much like your second one Yolajean. I love batiks and want to show them off. but modern for boys (grown men) she said. fabric is in the mail to me now. thanks all.

Blog Entries
    There are Kaffe Kits on Craftsy and Jordan Fabrics make sup kits with patterns. https://jordanfabrics.com/collection...=Free%20Spirit

You can also find tutorials on YouTube for projects using his fabrics.

Of course Pinterest is another source of inspiration.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Try Amazon. A lot of the books have a preview where you can see what is in them. I have a lot of Kaffe's books just because I like to look at the pics.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Freepatterns.com has some Kaffe Fasset patterns. You might want to take a look there to see if any of them are close to what you're searching for.

Blog Entries
    thanks. i did look at his free patterns. some are really nice. i ordered a few things from connectingthreads. one was a book on modern quilts, on sale. I will go back to Fassett's site and look again later.

Blog Entries
    Liza Prior Lucy makes most, if not all, of Kaffe's quilts, and the ones I've seen have all been traditional patterns, meaning you can find them online for free. Liza uses Kaffe's fabrics in interesting and different ways. If you direct us to the quilt in question, we may be able to help you out with a pattern name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    There are Kaffe Kits on Craftsy and Jordan Fabrics make sup kits with patterns. https://jordanfabrics.com/collection...=Free%20Spirit

You can also find tutorials on YouTube for projects using his fabrics.

Of course Pinterest is another source of inspiration.
    That is such a neat site - just spent way too much time looking at her videos. I want to buy one of each of their kits - beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Look up “Stacked Coins” quilt on yahoo or google. That would be very pretty with a gray background and all those batiks. Also, an “Irish Chain” would be pretty using the batiks for the centers and corners and the gray for the cardinal points (the other four pieces of the nine patches it is made from) and background. Either one would give you a nice modern looking quilt using those colors. Eleanor’s Burns has separate patterns for each of these.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

yolajean, I love your Zig Zag Zoom quilt. Beautiful job!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    I saved the links to two free patterns from the Jordan fabrics site.thanks.

I love Kaffe Fassett fabrics! But they are expensive! Where do you ladies buy them that maybe runs a sale some times??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast