Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Karen K. Stone classes? >

Karen K. Stone classes?

Karen K. Stone classes?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:50 AM

Hi--Karen was featured on The Quilt Show recently. If you haven't already seen the episode, you should. She lived next door to Janis Joplin growing up in Port Arthur, Texas! Here is some contact info from
http://www.karenkstone.com/ According to that landing page she is developing a new web site "coming soon." If you do find her teaching schedule, please post back here. ;->)

6710 Windsor Pkwy, Beaumont TX 77706 (409) 866-0454

email [email protected]
Old 06-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

Right now she is traveling the show circuit, has another fabulous award winning quilt! She often does classes/ workshops at big shows and some retreats. When browsing the offered classes/workshops for upcoming shows I often see her on the list
Old 06-08-2015, 10:00 AM

I have the Karen Stone book and made the Cinco de Mayo and Indian Orange peel from the book. I printed out the patterns from her software that works with eq5. I have never been able to contact her even after several emails. I had questions for the cinco de mayo....in the end I figured it out.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:46 PM

I did write to her and enclosed a SASE, we'll see
Yes, I made a point to watch the Quilt Show with her.

Thanks again for your suggestions
Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 AM

just updating, zero response. Phooy.
Flounces out of the room
Old 04-25-2016, 12:21 AM

I, too, tried to contact Ms. Stone through the e-mail on the landing page of her website when I was looking to purchase one of her old patterns a couple of years ago. I never got a reply. By the way, the "new web site coming soon" message has been on there for years (since about 2008 or so). Karen K. Stone used to write/publish patterns and published dozens of very popular patterns. I believe that she did have a more extensive website when she was selling her patterns. Her sense of design and colour is unique. When I started quilting in the early 2000's, her paper piecing patterns were all the rage. I know she wrapped up the pattern company many years ago and moved to Beaumont. I don't know why she doesn't just list her upcoming classes on the website. There are a lot of people who would like to take her classes (including me) and would like to know her teaching schedule! I don't think the web page is ever updated and I wonder if she checks the e-mail address listed on the page.