Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Karen McTavish's "Custom Curves" >

Karen McTavish's "Custom Curves"

Karen McTavish's "Custom Curves"

Old 04-25-2011, 05:20 AM

I just got Karen McTavish's new book, Custom Curves. What a great resource!!! I got up EARLY this morning so I could watch the video before getting ready for work. On the video, she and Ronda Beyer do a great getting-started demo of doing curved crosshatching using Ronda's templates on both domestic and longarm machines.

Has anyone else gotten this and tried it out yet???

The book has a LOT of beautiful designs in it that Karen specifically gives you permission to reproduce/enlarge for your personal use either as an individual, or for your use in doing custom quilting. NICE!!!

LOVE IT! Can't wait to try out some of these designs/techinques ASAP!!! (Now I have to go to work and try to ignore my quilting dreams all day... :wink: )

Wendy

P.S. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance to try out some of these designs!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:34 AM

Didn't know about this, but I'm going to go look at the book now that you have me intrigued!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 AM
MTS
Banned

Looks fabulous.

I see it's not yet available on Amazon. That's a pretty small publishing house - I wonder if she self publishes.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

I just took a class with Karen at the MQX show and bought this book as well as the Elemental quilting book. I love her motifs, or as she calls them, elements, in both books. And the video is great, they make it look so easy, don't they?

I did get a crescent ruler at the show as well but not Rhonda's, I got the Radical Ruler by Dusty Farrell. I have not yet had an opportunity to try it. I plan on drafting on paper first. Can't wait to start playing with both Karen's designs and the curved cross hatching.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I just took a class with Karen at the MQX show and bought this book as well as the Elemental quilting book. I love her motifs, or as she calls them, elements, in both books. And the video is great, they make it look so easy, don't they? ...
What fun that class must have been! I keep watching for her classes and am hoping to see one within a day's drive from here sometime soon! She's my hero! :thumbup: