Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Kingsmen ordering >
  • Kingsmen ordering

• Kingsmen ordering

Old 02-17-2019, 08:53 AM

Default Kingsmen ordering

Do anyone consider it necessary to buy the insurance offered when buying their batting by the roll? It is only $4.00 but wondering if anyone has had to use it.
    Old 02-17-2019, 09:24 AM
    Power Poster

By USPS? It would be hard to lose something that big and I doubt it could be damaged.
    Old 02-17-2019, 09:36 AM

But it could be ripped or get grease or something on it. I wouldn't want to have to dry a whole roll if it got wet either. I don't know if it would come packed in a box or only a bag. There is at least one person her that has ordered from that company. I may contact her directly. Thanks for your input 1X1.
    Old 02-17-2019, 09:45 AM
    Power Poster

I haven't ordered from them, but I have had lots of batting rolls delivered. Sometimes the box can get damp, but so far the batting has been fine because it was wrapped in plastic. If it weren't well wrapped, the batting could be a soggy mess. At the cost of batting, I would probably pay for the extra peace of mind.
    Old 02-17-2019, 11:01 AM

FYI, I ordered a roll from them and it came in a bag and the top was not even closed! Thankfully it was not damaged and it was during the summer but still! So in it’s travels not one person, including the shipper bothered to do anything to twist the plastic and close the top (think loaf of bread in a bag). I will not order from them again. And no, it didn’t come apart in shipping, there was absolutely no attempt to secure the open end, no tape nadda, zip, zilch, zero!

Last edited by tallchick; 02-17-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Old 02-17-2019, 11:20 AM

I have ordered batting and thread from Kingsmen for several years without getting insurance and I have never had a problem with batting being damaged or open. I am very happy with their response and customer service and have recommended them to several other quilting friends and they have never said anything about problems. However, things can happen through the mail that Kingsmen might not have control over but I'm sure they would do whatever is needed to rectify any problems.
    Old 02-18-2019, 06:20 AM

I have ordered many times in the last 18 years from them without insureance and have never had a problem with anything. For your peace of mind though you might want the insureance.
    Old 02-18-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jokir44
    But it could be ripped or get grease or something on it. I wouldn't want to have to dry a whole roll if it got wet either. I don't know if it would come packed in a box or only a bag. There is at least one person her that has ordered from that company. I may contact her directly. Thanks for your input 1X1.
    I agree, its such a small price to pay for security. Especially with porch thieves at an all time high. A company, very good company that sent out a lot of stuff right before Christmas had about 30 customers in one week have their stuff stollen off of their porches. The company had to replace all of those orders, we're talking thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Its not like the box would fit in the mail box and all of these companies like to leave things on porches even when no one is home.
    Old 02-18-2019, 06:46 AM

My rolls have always come double bagged; sometimes the other bag is pretty dirty; think it's delivered USPS.
    Old 02-18-2019, 09:21 AM

I think for that price I'd get the insurance. Most of the time things get delivered without incident, but fires, accidents and floods or unexplained delays can't be completely ruled out, and this is a substantial loss if it doesn't get to you in good order. I figure if they are offering to sell you the insurance, what they're saying is if something goes wrong in transit it won't be their fault. It's probably just the cost they have to buy the delivery service to cover this weight. I would make the decision to buy the insurance based on how much I stand to lose. I have not ordered from this particular company, but that's my general way of looking at that sort of situation.