Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
knotting up....Help! >

knotting up....Help!

knotting up....Help!

Old 01-23-2016, 11:41 AM

I love my auto thread cutter. I do have to push a button but it is so convenient. I have a Janome 6600 which I love but I am not happy with the auto threader-I just thread the needle by hand and it is quicker. Sorry you are unhappy with your thread cutter.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

I have a thread cutter and a 'fix' stitch. If I use the thread cutter, the fix stitch is automatically engaged when I start to sew again. I think the idea was you cut the threads, so the new line of sewing needs to be secured so it does the fix, which does create a little knot. When I use the cutter, the fix button lights up, I can push the button to turn if off. but I never remember. This might be what's happening with yours or as mentioned, you are not pulling the bobbin thread to the top. As far as I'm concerned it's more trouble than it's worth.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:05 PM

I had the same problem so I always use a leader.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:42 PM

When I first the BL the thread cutter was cutting so short, when I started stitching again, if would unthread...would have to re thread, pull a tail and sew....so I took it to the dealer/tech...he adjusted something somewhere and now it gives me a longer tail and I can start up again without the unthreading...
Old 01-23-2016, 02:06 PM

I have a needle threader but I don't use it. It seems like the little hook that pulls the thread through the eye of the needle is getting caught on the needle. It only happens at home. I have taken it back to the shop and it works every time. I also have a thread cutter, but rarely use it. I thing the thread is too short and that caused knots on the back. I also like to chain stitch so that makes the cutter useless. I love my machine--a Janome 7700--even though she has a few quirks. lol
Sue
Old 01-23-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I love my auto thread cutter. I do have to push a button but it is so convenient. I have a Janome 6600 which I love but I am not happy with the auto threader-I just thread the needle by hand and it is quicker. Sorry you are unhappy with your thread cutter.
I also have the Janome 6600. I don't want to say I'm unhappy (yet) with the thread cutter. I was afraid I was doing something wrong.

I Love my Janomes, I have 2.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
When I first the BL the thread cutter was cutting so short, when I started stitching again, if would unthread...would have to re thread, pull a tail and sew....so I took it to the dealer/tech...he adjusted something somewhere and now it gives me a longer tail and I can start up again without the unthreading...
Thank You. I am also having the problem with it unthreading. I guess I'll have to check with the dealer.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:42 PM

Thank You everyone for the information you given. I am going to try using a leader. I never had to do that with my older Janome, but it didn't have a thread cutter. You are Great people, always with such great information.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:51 PM

A lady at the quilt shop recommended that I hold the thread when I first start sewing. She said that was old fashioned, but she still did it and it stopped some of that early knotting up.