Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Knoxville AQS show >

Knoxville AQS show

Knoxville AQS show

Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 PM

I just had the most pleasant morning today at the Knoxville show. I could kick myself because I didn't bring my camera. Has anyone else been? I could only stay a couple of hours, and was glad to get that, but I had a really good time. I don't know when I've been around a friendlier, nicer bunch of people, and some of the quilts were just fabulous. There were a couple of quilts that I had to look hard at because they were hand quilted, but looked machine quilted, although the majority of the quilts were machine quilted. I love to look at the machine quilted ones, because that's not something I'm ever going to be able to do. Wish I had pictures to post.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 PM

Actually, my hubby and I drove home to IN from Gatlinburg yesterday (Thurs). I had seen something about the Knoxville show but since it was after noon when we left and it is about a 7 hour drive, I did not ask him about stopping. I bet it would have been fun, tho. Lucky you!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad you had a good time.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 PM

Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 04:59 AM

I went and totally agree with you - it was a great show. Even if you had a camera Knoxville AQS has a picture policy that says you can't post pictures taken at the show on the internet. Sorry ladies and gents.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:52 AM

I wanted to go so bad! :( I'd planned to go and only an hour away from there, but things came up that kept me home!
I went last year and was in quilters heaven! :)
Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 AM

I spent two great days at the Knoxville AQS show, found some beautiful fabrics and one that I had been trying to find for about 6 months. Naturally I snagged me a couple yards of it and the coordinating fabric.
Saw lots of beautiful quilts all with NO PHOTO signs all over the place, was able to take a photo of a couple in vendor booths where I bought fabric and patterns. Spent far more money than I should have, came home tired and worn out but had a great time. Met some internet friends from up north plus made some new ones locally.
It is a fabulous show, vendor mall has over 400 vendors, with all new products demos, every machine imaginable is there too. Next year will plan to go all 3 days and will start saving now.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:39 AM

I went on Thursday, spent the WHOLE day there. It is a great show and I came away with several goodies, including a new Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5!!!!! I'm so excited to get that machine because I never even dreamed about having one that nice. Now after a lot of time learning how to use it, I should be able to do my own quilting. DH was great - pushed me around in a wheelchair from 9am to 6pm without one complaint. The only quilts I saw with 'no photo' signs were from one particular museum and a couple of vendors asked for no photos. The no posting pictures on the internet rule is a bummer, but what can ya do!! I'll just have to enjoy my 200 photos at home. Is that a typical rule or just AQS shows?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:58 AM

I downloaded my quilt pics from last year to my computer, and have them on my Blackberry Storm phone(which has the whole pic screen), to use as screensavers/wallpaper. One of my screensavers cycles through each one. My own quilt show at home. :)