Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Koala cabinet >

Koala cabinet

Koala cabinet

Old 03-02-2021, 03:32 PM

Default Koala cabinet

Found a Koala Quilt Mate 2 cabinet advertised for sale on a local buy/sell/trade website for $350. Sounds like a good deal but don''t know for sure. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:53 AM

You can google the Koala website and see what they sell for new. You'll want an insert for it also - which sometimes are about $100 (?? if I remember correctly).
Old 03-03-2021, 07:11 AM

Yes, any Koala cabinet under $1,000 is a good deal.

If you have a local thrift store, there may be a nice cabinet there for less. There were 3 at ours this week for $25 each.

Sew Steady can cut an insert for any cabinet.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:15 AM

I certainly would act quickly. Check it out....but Koala cabinets are good cabinets. Just make sure it fits your machine. I had a good airlift cabinet...but when I got a new machine, the opening was not big enough. Now I have a Horn Quilter's Dream cabinet that I picked up for about 50% off as a demo...it still was around $800 and that was years ago. It has been worth every penny.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:30 AM

Everything I have heard of the Koala Cabinets make me envious of any one who gets one. They are just out of my price range. The price you are finding it at is great! It is rare to find the Koala at that price. Makes me drool that you could get it for this price.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:09 AM

Make sure it will fit your machine. What about future machines? Will they fit?

Is there enough space to for the quilt on the table when quilting?

Personally, there isn't enough storage space in the units to function the way I need them. I don't want a bunch a little cubbies and have to remember what is in each one.

Do you have electric in the middle of the room for the machine or will you need to run cords? Perhaps the unit will git against the wall. If you store items in the cubbies, are they going to fall out when the doors are opened. Just my concerns and two cents for you.