Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Koala Outback Plus II >

Koala Outback Plus II

Koala Outback Plus II

Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 PM

Default Koala Outback Plus II

I am looking at a Koala Outback Plus II cabinet that is posted on craigslist for a very reasonable price. I was wondering if anyone knows if on this cabinet your sewing machine will be flush/even with the sewing table surface? This is what it says on a description of the cabinet:

"Soft-Touch Air Lift Systemsİ means a gentle push moves your machine from storage to flatbed to freearm."

I watched a video on youtube and they had the machine pop up to where it was sitting on top of the surface which isn't what I want.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 PM

I am in the UK and have the Horn Outback - looks like the Koala Outback Jr and my Janome 6600 fits perfectly. I had to order a plexi - glass insert for it, for my model - to snuggly fit around my machine- when pushed slightly down and it is then totally flat. I do not have the extra little cupboards with it. Then you can take the insert out - I have a storage slot for the plexi - glass at the back of the cupboard and it all folds nicely away !! I love mine.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:30 AM

All the lifts that I have seen will do what you are wanting or go all the way up like in your picture.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 AM

If it has a mechanical lift (not the new electric) you can adjust the shelf to fit your machine. Both Koala and Horn should have instructions if the cabinet's owner lost the manual. I have both a Horn and Koala cabinet, and tweaked both for a 2170 Pfaff. I'm not sure how you would tweak a new electric lift, but it is probably close to the same method.

Not all sewing machines are the same height from bottom of bed to bottom of harp sofinding the instructions and adjusting the lift shelf from underneath the cabinet will get your machine flush so if you buy an insert you have a flat surface for quilting.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 05-30-2014 at 04:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

Have you looked at Koala's website?? Maybe the info you are looking for is there. Good Luck. I have always admired Koala cabinets until I looked at the price tag !!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:15 AM

Default Price

Originally Posted by luckydiver17 View Post
I am looking at a Koala Outback Plus II cabinet that is posted on craigslist for a very reasonable price. I was wondering if anyone knows if on this cabinet your sewing machine will be flush/even with the sewing table surface? This is what it says on a description of the cabinet:

"Soft-Touch Air Lift Systemsİ means a gentle push moves your machine from storage to flatbed to freearm."

I watched a video on youtube and they had the machine pop up to where it was sitting on top of the surface which isn't what I want.

May I ask how much they want for it? There is one on our craigsist and they are asking $3,250. Sounds like a lot of money for a used one. I was stupid & left a smaller Koala get away. They were asking $275 for it and eventually sold it for $225.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:42 AM

This is the original Koala Kabinet and the lift is easily adjustable via stop screws to any desired stopping point. I have a Koala cabinet with this lift and vastly prefer these cabinets to the new ones made since Tacony acquired the brand.