Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Koala Sewing Station

Blog Entries
    I have a Outback Jr. and It will not stay down. I don't have the money to send it back. Even though it has a life time worinty on it. I still have to pay for shipping, and it weights a lot. Wish someone can tell me how to fix it myself.

I'll bite the bullet--what is a Koala station?? Perhaps a picture would help??

I admit it, I have no idea what you have there! :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Here it is. Don't mined the mess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you talking about the lift that raises and lowers your sewing machine into the cabinet? If so, I would contact the Koala customer service dept and ask for their help. Or, if you bought locally, ask the dealer you purchased it from what you can do.
    It could be something as simple as you are not pushing the machine all the way to the bottom for the lock to engage on the lift.

Blog Entries
    It is the Lift. And I did talk to the dealer. Said I had to send it back. About 200 to send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    It is the Lift. And I did talk to the dealer. Said I had to send it back. About 200 to send it back.
    Yikes!

Blog Entries
    It has an air lift. I would be cheaper to go to a car dealer maint. shop or any good car mech. and ask to speak to a car repair maint. person and ask if there was anyone that would come to your house after work and check it out. It should be an easy fix. Also check the yellow pages for 'pneumatic' shops.

That is terrible!! I feel for you big time on that!! the amount seems extreme...are you buying a new one?? I thought it might not be balanced w/all those great quilt squares and dolly tilting it another direction:)LOL Keep us posted!! (how long have you had this?It might be broke, but, sure pretty!)Skeat

That is terrible. I can't believe someone wouldn't stand behind their product. I know those are expensive and after buying one who has 200.00 to send it back. Did you talk to the dealer or the manufacturer.

Have you contacted Koala ? Because if it truly is a lift problem and it's defective, I'll bet you can just get them to send you a new lift part and send them the old one when you replace it. It should be attached with screws and would be an easy fix if you had the part. Call them I'll bet you can work something out.

and report that dealer. he's giving them a very bad name.

Woa! that's alot of money for sending it back, is there a dealer closer to you?

Blog Entries
    I have had it about 3 years now. And the dealer has moved.But will not help me. Calling the Man. today after work.

So, is it the Koala people that want you to send it in for $200?? Do they know how long you have had it, etc??

Blog Entries
    It is a life time worr. on it. The dealer I bought it from dose not want to help me. I just can't get threw to the Man. yet.

I can't help, but I sure hope you get it fixed. I have had the same one
    for 8 years. They should help you, keep trying.

Quilt4U..go over his head! I had to do that w/an RCA tv years ago...the dealer not wanting to stand behind it w/o a fee, etc and one phone call to the company and it was fixed, and quick...free! So, go over his head!! He has agreed to doing a reput. service for them...he has to do it and obv. he isn't willing w/o someone over his head tugging on his tail end! This is serious...it affects your sewing!LOL Skeat

Blog Entries
    Quilt4U - have you had the problem from the beginning? Koala cabinets are great but SO expensive, and I agree with everyone else that you should contact the company directly and tell them the dealer is giving you NO HELP! They need to know that, and mention that hundreds of your friends on the online Quilting Board have suggested that you write to them. That ought to get their attention. Don't threaten, just mention.

Blog Entries
    Hi Quilt4u. I have been with the group for a couple of years now but have mainly been a reader and not commented much. I guess you could say the quiet one in the back of the room! Anyway I have a Koala similar to yours which I bought from a fabric store that was used it at a show. I felt I got a good deal compared to the price of new ones. When they delivered it my home they adjusted my lifts, put the machine in and fitted me for the plastic to cover the open area around the machine. However, I am one to keep everything and if it would help you I will look through my information and forward to you anything I might have regarding the adjusting of the lifts, etc. I would be more than happy too. I don't see why another distributor wouldn't help you out from your area. I have called before and ask if they could help me and if not would they recommend someone. I've gotten excellent results by asking.

How long have you had your Koala? I nearly bought one last month. They are so darned expensive. I can't imagine having to ship it back just for a repair on the motor.

Blog Entries
    I bought it new 3 years almost 4 years now. Worked fine until now It just will not stay down when I push it down on any of the ajustments. It's like it is off its traks or the thing that holds it down is worn out.

I have a Koala also and the times I have had difficulty going down and staying down was when a cord was in the way. I know that sounds elementary but have you checked for obstructions? Good luck.