Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Label question. Want to print a photo??? >

Label question. Want to print a photo???

Label question. Want to print a photo???

Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 AM

I would like to print a photo on the label - where do I get the fabric that I can print on using my printer at home??

Also if anyone has any tips or recs please share!! i've never done this before!!

thanks!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:18 AM

I got mine at JoAnn's, and it was June Taylor brand. Here's a picture of what I did with it: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/6653.page
Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 PM

i have used bubble jet and also i used the paper from jo ann fabric or any other quilt shop it is called printed treasures the printed treasures make very good and clear pictures but it is exspensive the cost is about 3.25 per sheet i just made a memories quilt with the pictures and won first place with it but after i copied the pictures i used bubble jet rinse to make the ink set so it would not run im sure there are other rinses you could use
Old 08-21-2008, 02:34 PM

i've had ok luck using the pre-packaged printable fabrics, if it is a small design (like a label). but lately i've been making my own printable fabric with a high thread count fabric and freezer paper (iron the fabric to the freezer paper which stabilizes it enough to go through your printer). if it's going to be washed, you probably want to invest in the bubble jet set to treat your fabric before you print on it.