Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
LABELS >

LABELS

LABELS

Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 PM

here's one i printed on the computer - for my stepson's wedding gift - it was a wall hanging

i guess you can't read it, it's too small

their names
February 21, 2008
This quilt was made for your new life
Together forever as husband and wife
Congratulations and much happiness!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:13 PM

Wow Tiffany, those are really great ideas. I guess I've never looked for quilt labels at the quilt store, duh. I'm going to copy your post and keep it for my next quilt.
How cute your label is! You don't look old enough to have a step-son old enough to be getting married.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Whoops, I mixed people up again. That is a very cute label, Fabricluvr and, Tiffany, you still look very young :-)
Old 03-07-2008, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
How cute your label is! You don't look old enough to have a step-son old enough to be getting married.
thanks! that picture is a couple of years old, but yes, i do have a 28 year old stepson. my husband is a few years older than me :D he actually introduced me as his stepmom at the wedding (and gave me a 'mothers' wrist corsage!), which kind of surprised me. i thought we were more just 'friends'!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Jackie,
I use my desktop publisher and inkjet fabric sheets. You can buy them at any stationary dept in Meijer or Walmart, or at Joann's. I like to put a picture of the person the quilt is going to on my label and then I put something like "Made especially for ______by _______ , April 10, 2008 or whatever date. Everyone seems to love the picture idea.
Ruthie
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 AM

I use my embroider machine to do my labels. Have tried many different ways and this is the one i like best. I usually put a Bible verse on it, who it is for, my name and the date.

There are lots of free designs to download from the internet for the designs. I have TONS of flash cards with downloaded designs on them.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM

I never use a purchased label. If the quilt is hand made, so be the label. I vary my method of them. Sometimes I put a strip of barcode fabric and write the date as the barcode. My favorite is to make a heart shaped label from one of the fabrics I used and fuse it to the back of the quilt with fusible such as wonder under. Then I machine stitch using the quilting stitch around the edge to secure the edges. Then I write something relative to the occasion and person. ie: for my friend that recently celebrated her 100th birthday, I wrote - 'Young at heart, slightly older in other places.' If I make a wall hanging I'll use triangles in the back of the bottom corners and just write on those triangles provided it's light colored fabric. Works for me!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM

Well, THANKS EVERYONE for all the great ideas for quilt labels. I'm still amazed how gerernous, thoughtful and kind everyone is.