Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lakewood Colorado

Lakewood Colorado

I'm going to be in Lakewood CO next week. (I call if SW Denver.) Are there any quilt shops in the area I need to visit? I'm hoping to find some Colorado Rockies material to make something for my nephew. All I've found online in fleece. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Blog Entries
    I visited some north of Denver in Ft Collins. Google and see what comes up.

Not quite in Lakewood:

http://www.highprairiequilts.com/

It's in Parker. Nice place.

Don't forget the quilt museum in Golden, Co, if you have time!!!!

https://rmqm.org/zz/
    Last edited by thanneaKS; 07-01-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I did a search and here are two I came up with Emily's Sewing Basket, www.emilyssewing.com in Lakewood and JoAnn's at 10750 W. Colfax Ave in Lakewood.

It's been about 5 years since I was in that area - they had some wonderful quilt shops then - If you get to Golden to the museum you should also go to Harriet Hargrave's shop. Use Google to find some good places.

Blog Entries
    I'm not from there either, but travel occasionally... do a google (or other search engine) search! I think you'll find several in the area/region! Have fun!!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

There is the Creative Needle is south Denver that is a pretty nice quilt store. At least it was, I moved from the area 10 years ago.

Emilys doesn't exist anymore as a fabric store.It is a Viking store in joanns. Harriet Hargrave has a shop on 44th ave east of wadsworth ave. Golden quilts in Golden has nice fabric,it is in downtown Golden. About 20 miles away west on I -70 is the Hen House in Idaho Springs. Linda has a nice variety of fabric.

Check www.rmqm.org for more information on Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden. Golden is not too far from Lakewood, CO. There is a nice quilt store called Golden Quilt Company, a very short walk across the street, catty corner. www.goldenquiltcompany.com. Behind that store is a fiber arts store/studio. It is not to be missed, either, smile. Try www.coloradoquiltingcouncil.com for further information, too. Enjoy your visit.

Highly recommend going to Harriets store. Used to be fabric store of choice after the great american quilt store closed down. Have fun and welcome to Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Cowman Creations View Post
    I'm going to be in Lakewood CO next week. (I call if SW Denver.) Are there any quilt shops in the area I need to visit? I'm hoping to find some Colorado Rockies material to make something for my nephew. All I've found online in fleece. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I have a small piece that is cotton, I'm not wanting to part with it though, but the selvedge says this on it: Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Major League Baseball Properties Inc. Fabric Traditions @ 2000 copyright N.T.T. Inc. I don't know if that would help you in your search or not.

I see there is a small amount on ebay and etsy of the same cotton fabric and it is now out of print?
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/colorado-rockies-fabric

I'm headed to Golden, CO tomorrow - will have to check out the museum.

Check out this site: http://www.quiltinghub.com/ It is a quilt shop locator.

"Snappy Quilts" has the most beautiful colorful fabric I've ever seen. They're at 2500 E. Orchard Avenue, on the southeast corner of University & Orchard.
    "Holly Quilt Cabin" is my closest favorite. 8210 S. Holly Street, on the northeast corner of Holly and County Line Road
    "Fabric Expressions" is really nice but is far from me and I rarely get over to that part of town. It's at 3625 W. Bowles Avenue #13 in Littleton. It's probably the closest one to where you'll be (that I know of).
    High Prairie Quilts, that another member mentioned, is another favorite, but they are down in Parker way south east of town.
    Have fun!!!

Holly's Quilt Cabin is my favorite quilt shop in the Denver area, I haven't made it to Snappy yet but am anxious to give it a try. I live out by Denver International Airport and still love going to Holly's. The Quilt Store is north in Broomfield (on Lowell) if you're out that way. B-Right-On in Brighton (NE - Hwy 85 and Hwy 7 round-about) is a great shop too and ALL their fabric is $9/yd including batiks except for the wide backing fabric and Shop Hop fabric, and its all first quality LQS fabric Moda, etc., etc. great price on panels too. Enjoy and welcome to the Denver area.
    Lorie Astwood

Those who laugh last!

Bernina 830 Record, Memorycraft 5000, TinLizzie18 ESP Ltd.; Brother Innovis NQ1400E, Janome 640D Serger