Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lancaster County PA Quilt Shop(s)

Blog Entries
    My friend and I went to the AQS show in Lancaster this weekend. WOW - really nice. Add to that the Vendor show at an alternate site - more eye candy. That was Friday (after a long drive up from VA). Then, at the hotel parking lot, ran into a group of 4 ladies from the Tidewater area of VA who were on their 11th year of attendance! They come up for an entire week, and hit all of the quilt shops in the area. They shared their accumulated wealth of knowledge (had written down shop names, addresses, "ratings" and really important info like working indoor restrooms - remember ladies this is the area for Old Order Amish, with no electricity and no indoor plumbing) and off we went. Found the neatest shop in Denver PA called Burkholder Fabrics. Several thousand bolts - and the owner told us he is goind to double the size of the store and will carry every collection that is out there by the time he is finished.

We were amazed at the prices in these shops - and of course, with the quilt show, every one of them also had sales going on.

Burkholder Fabrics also has a web business - I would recommend you check it out. Great Quality, brand name fabrics.

We had a ball and will definitely be going back!

Blog Entries
    So glad that you had such fun.
    Thank you for the information.

i always go to old country store during the show because they have $5 hoffman batiks. the i go across the street to kettle kitchen for some corn salsa and pepper jams.

i always come home with bolts of batiks from that sale.

Sounds likefun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    i always go to old country store during the show because they have $5 hoffman batiks. the i go across the street to kettle kitchen for some corn salsa and pepper jams.

i always come home with bolts of batiks from that sale.
    We hit the Old Country Store in Intercourse PA on Sat as well.........got some batiks there but did the most "damage" at Burkholder Fabrics.....A great trip!

Banned
    Try Sauders. It is north of Lancaster near the PA turnpike. Shop is in a barn type building behind the farm house.

Could you share the list of fabric stores they gave you? I didn't make the show this year but am driving through the area next month and giving myself two days to shop at all the great Amish fabric shops. Thanks!