Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lancaster, PA Quilt Show >

Lancaster, PA Quilt Show

Lancaster, PA Quilt Show

Old 03-02-2010, 11:10 AM

I just found out that my quilting group will not be hosting a bus so I will have to talk to my cohorts and decide when we are going.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:22 PM

be sure to take tons of pics for all of us to see.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 PM

Definitely pics! Hubby is the photographer in the family, so it will give him something extra to keep him from getting bored...though he seemed to really enjoy examining all the quilts at the quilt center in Paducah last year.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 AM

Hi, I am new on this forum. I live in Gettysburg PA..which is a stones throw from Lancaster County. Every year I attend the show in Lancaster, which was previously held at the Host Resort in Lancaster. There is also another smaller show in Lancaster at the same time as the big show. It is mostly vendors..but a nice selection. It is at the Continental Inn on Route 30..across the street from the Host. My husband takes me on a fabric buying trip to Lancaster about once a month. The average price of fabric in the shops we visit is $6.50 a yard..for top of the line fabrics. It is well worth the extra day to visit the shops for fabric. Weavers Dry Goods has a huge barn sale the same weekend. The fabrics are all 3.50 a yard..a few months ago they had the sale and I purchased the entire line of Sweetbriar by Pat Sloan. Love Lancaster...!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Hi, I am new on this forum. I live in Gettysburg PA..which is a stones throw from Lancaster County. Every year I attend the show in Lancaster, which was previously held at the Host Resort in Lancaster. There is also another smaller show in Lancaster at the same time as the big show. It is mostly vendors..but a nice selection. It is at the Continental Inn on Route 30..across the street from the Host. My husband takes me on a fabric buying trip to Lancaster about once a month. The average price of fabric in the shops we visit is $6.50 a yard..for top of the line fabrics. It is well worth the extra day to visit the shops for fabric. Weavers Dry Goods has a huge barn sale the same weekend. The fabrics are all 3.50 a yard..a few months ago they had the sale and I purchased the entire line of Sweetbriar by Pat Sloan. Love Lancaster...!
Thanks so much for the heads up....hmmmm....I may just extend my visit by 1 day! :-)
Old 03-15-2010, 07:37 AM

I am going on Wednesday. Anyone else??

Thanks Janetlmt I will have to look those places up too. In April Gai will be visiting me and we will be going down to Lancaster for a quilt shop hop too.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I am going on Wednesday. Anyone else??

Thanks Janetlmt I will have to look those places up too. In April Gai will be visiting me and we will be going down to Lancaster for a quilt shop hop too.
Drat, will miss you! I will be there Friday and Saturday... :cry:
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 AM

Nursie, I'll be at the show on Saturday. Friday we are visiting local shops and the Green Dragon
Old 03-15-2010, 12:58 PM

We have tickets for the show Friday and decided to stay over so we can hit the local places on Saturday. If you want to meet for a brief Hiya one of those days, PM me and we can exchange info.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Nursie, I'll be at the show on Saturday. Friday we are visiting local shops and the Green Dragon
NorBanaquilts,

I'll be there Saturday, maybe we can meet up at one of the vendors or in the lobby. I plan on being there at 9am and will probably be there all day.

Kathi in PA