Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
laptop carrying case >

laptop carrying case

laptop carrying case

Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 AM

I have made two laptop bags, both out of pre-quilted fabric, but you of course could quilt your own. I put a sleeve on the outside and on the inside. I custom designed the size to fit the laptop, as they are not all created equal. allowed space behind the backedge of the computer to put the power cord that can be bulky. I used a zipper with two pulls that join at the front middle, I have a short handle, more like a briefcase, than a long one for a shoulder. The one I made as a gift I put a monogram on the front pocket.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 AM

I'd pad it with "Annie's Soft and Stable" to protect the outisde of the laptop. At that age kids just aren't always aware, so you can expect the laptop (or anything in a bag or case) to get banged around, perhaps as much as a backpack at that age. Any way you look at it, it's cheap protection for a very expensive item.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Love your bag! The monogram gives me another idea. Great option
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 AM

Thank you everyone for your replies. Gave me lots of inspiration. I get more overwhelmed thinking of a chore than I do actually doing it. I'm hoping this will be the same.

When finished, I will post a picture.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Also do a quick google search, there are many free designs out there & maybe you could combine the best of all of them. And in this case.... yes... size does matter. When I was searching.... I walked into a 2nd hand store & found the perfect leather one for $5 so gave up on the idea of making my own. What I like about this one is it has 2 zipper pockets on the outside of the main pocket; I can carry the cords, mouse and the recharger all in there when we travel.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar View Post
I'd pad it with "Annie's Soft and Stable" to protect the outisde of the laptop. At that age kids just aren't always aware, so you can expect the laptop (or anything in a bag or case) to get banged around, perhaps as much as a backpack at that age. Any way you look at it, it's cheap protection for a very expensive item.
I 2nd the idea of using "Soft and Stable". It gives great padding and is also very light.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 AM

Lovely bag!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Banned

Laptop cases are mostly used to carry laptops which is safe and secure for laptop. Before buying laptop cases you have to check quality of the bag it should be made from fabric material so it will be long live. Online shopping is also best option to buy laptop cases.